ColtonB

New kid on the block

Hi my name is colton. Im 17 and have started my love for diesels. I live in meridian and go to Mountain View High School and Meridian High school for Auto Tech and Auto Collision. I am a senior(wooo last year!). I have my own landscaping/lawncare business called Heavenly Green "Mowing the hell out of your lawn". I started it myself and thats how I pay for everything. I also work at Bogus Basin in the winter.

I have owned a few vehicles. But my first diesel was a 95 reg cab 4x4 powerstroke. I traded that for a 1998.5 reg cab 4x4 24 valve. The powerstroke was cool, but i love the cummins.

The cummins has:

-auto

-161,xxx

-cold air intake

-FASS lifter pump

-Straight piped.

I bought it from an old farmer and its never been chipped, kinda beat up body but it runs good.

Hi my name is colton. Im 17 and have started my love for diesels. I live in meridian and go to Mountain View High School and Meridian High school for Auto Tech and Auto Collision. I am a senior(wooo last year!). I have my own landscaping/lawncare business called Heavenly Green "Mowing the hell out of your lawn". I started it myself and thats how I pay for everything. I also work at Bogus Basin in the winter.

Welcome you have a vast amount of info here. Enjoy

Well I sold me 24v last friday. Bought another cummins yesterday.

1994 4x4 reg cab long bed

12 valve!

-5 speed

-new 450hp clutch

-4" turbo back to 8" stack

-fuel plate(not sure of size at the moment)

-intake

-triple pillar gauge pod. Glowshift. Boost, exhaust, fuel pressure(fp doesn't work, stuck at 30psi)

-stock suspension/tires(soon to be changed)

-tool box

-10" sub with amp and deck

Just had the transfer case rebuilt, new rear main seal, front end replaced 1k ago, new brakes.

It's a lot cleaner than my last one. Drives better(almost no steering wobble) and doesn't have any codes showing. Needs a tailgate and bed liner though.

***Also, for some reason the airbag light comes on and off, anyone know why?

The fuel presure gauge problem is the sending unit. My gauge did the same thing when the sending unit went out. Gauge just read 30 psi.

Welcome!! Glad to have you here!!

If you would, move your specific questions over to the appropriate section for your truck. That way we won't miss them and wind up not answering them!

You can pull the codes on your truck by turning the key to on three times (Don't hit the starter) and leave it in the on position the third time. Do this within 3 - 5 seconds and the 'computer' will display the codes by flashing the check engine light. Be ready to count the flashes and right down the code numbers (Each code will be a 2 digit number. It will flash the first digit then pause longer then flash the next. If there is more it will repeat the flashing sequence for each code. If you miss writing one down just turn off the ignition switch and then start over). Put that in your post and we'll see if we can't help you find out what is happening!!

Good luck and congrats on your 'new' truck!!

Well sold the 24v, still have the 12v.

Recently bought a 2006 mega cab long bed dually. All black.

Built tranny

Trueflow intake

Exhaust

Edge programmer

3" lift

35's

Custom bumper

More

Nice truck... 8-)

Hang around there is plenty of thing a pup like you can learn from us old tymers. Like I can tell you that your fuel pressure sender failed from water hammer and you need to pick up a needle valve from NAPA (part number: WH6820) and adjust the needle valve till you got 2-3 second lag. Or just get mechanical gauge and never worry about getting another sender again.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kl2pa7pmES4]What is water hammer and how it effects gauges on a Dodge Cummins Truck - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M33ZCc8b-7Q]Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel using a needle valve for fuel pressure gauge - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for posting those Mike!! I told Rocketnut about this for his gauge and when he went into Napa and Andy's Supply they thought he was insane. That they didn't know what a needle valve was. I can understand Napa doing that (if they have employees like our local one does.... [Just remember: 'Doying'; like the spring....]). But Andy's!!! I thought they were a valve and fitting supply shop! He called me to see what else to call a needle valve because they didn't know what it was. I asked him if I should come down there and teach them about the different kinds of valves and their uses....... Good grief!

This should be a pretty simple process. If you ever need help with it, let me know. We can get on the phone or whatever and get this set up pretty simply for you (If you can talk the supply house into 'supplying' you with the parts...... LOL)