Sign in to follow this  
Dangle

This can't be good.

Guest Mopar1973Man

Damn! :o That suxs! It was pulling pretty darn good till it caught on fire. That's why they should leave the pull up to the real trucks... CUMMINS! :lol:

Sorry Ymmot I couldn't resist! - It's all good... :thumbup:

Wasn't it a CUMMINS powered Ford? :D

I cant say what engine it has for sure, but judging buy the type and location of the fire, it looks like a rupture in the high pressure oil system was igniting on the turbo, leading me to believe that it is a PSD. One way or the other, you gotta feel bad for the guy.

Starter I think he was replying to me.

I remember Steve stating something about a 6.0 Powerstroke winning something out at the bully dog event. I know it wasn't a dyno event. Drags or sled though.

Damn! :o That suxs! It was pulling pretty darn good till it caught on fire. That's why they should leave the pull up to the real trucks... CUMMINS! :lol:

Was that you I passed going up Horseshoe Bend Hill the other day? I was in the red Ford that blew smoke up your tail pipe as I went by you. If not, it was some other Dodge. I've passed so many lately, it's hard to remember each one. Make sure you wave at me when I pass you next time.

Was that you I passed going up Horseshoe Bend Hill the other day? I was in the red Ford that blew smoke up your tail pipe as I went by you. If not, it was some other Dodge. I've passed so many lately, it's hard to remember each one. Make sure you wave at me when I pass you next time.

OUCH! looks like you have another friend Tom, i have yet to see a ford that can roll some coal like a cummins LOL!

Guest Mopar1973Man

Nope not me... I haven't been on Highway 55 in a long time... I don't take the slow roads... I take the Interstate 84... Where everyone rolls at 75-80 MPH not 55 MPH... :wink:

i have yet to see a ford that can roll some coal like a cummins LOL!

Desperado got to see one this afternoon!

Yep it rolls some coal now, I was inpressed, and if you guys knew how bad my rig smokes you would know it takes a bit to inpress me. 5thwheelDyno008.jpgIMG_0009.jpg

Jeeeeezzzz Wes, you should have that thing looked at :wink: , it looks like you are trying to out run a brush fire :lol: Just think about how much cleaner it'll be with that new turbo your wantin'

Not sure that twins would even clean this up (no defuel on top) :lol:

BTW, I managed to set 4 seperate ecm codes during that little show! Truck went into limp mode, so I dialed the chip back to stock and I had to pull over and clear the codes with my Evil-ution. Might be time for that boost fooler we were talking about.

BTW, I managed to set 4 seperate ecm codes during that little show! Turck went into limp mode, so I dialed the chip back to stock and I had to pull over and clear to codes with my Evil-ution. Might be time for that boost fooler we were talking about.

That might not hurt the rig, but it will take a bit out of your turbo fund.

My turbo fund is holding steady at the same dollar value your's is :( If I dont learn to keep the boost at a reasonable level, I'm gunna be the next stop on the headgasket fairy's list, and I hate the headgasket fairy. ( | ) The least she could do is take my old one from under my pillow and leave me enough money to buy a new one :thumbup:

I really only throw smoke on a hard take off, my buddy runs an edge box in his and he can set the fuel up and really let it fly. I love the smoke but it doesnt matter if its not there, at least that way you have a clean view of me as I pass ya :lol:

My turbo fund is holding steady at the same dollar value your's is :( If I dont learn to keep the boost at a reasonable level, I'm gunna be the next stop on the headgasket fairy's list, and I hate the headgasket fairy. ( | ) The least she could do is take my old one from under my pillow and leave me enough money to buy a new one :thumbup:

That fairy biatch has been by my house a couple weeks ago. LOL

Steve

I heard she had been makin' the rounds lately. The headgasket fairy is kinda like mother-in-laws, she shows up at the worst possible time, and the only way to fix the problem is to take her head off :wink:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found
  • Similar Content

• By Rocketnut
      Just ordered all the necessary items to remove the emissions from my new pickup. Pretty excited to have a truck that smells like a diesel again! The truck is just now getting out of the warranty coverage period which is why I chose to do this now, plus I have time to do it now that it is winter break. Will update with info and pics when I get it all complete.
    • By fryhan
      7.3 engine, complete with turbo, fuel system and flywheel. ready to put in and drive. new IPR valve, ICP sensor, Adrenaline HPOP melling m208 low pressure oil pump and more. Newer garrett turbo as well. $2000 obo. call or text 208-272-1979 or 208-989-2996 or email rjmorris4386@gmail.com
    • By 1nasty7point3
      Received in trade and need injectors for my 7.3 asap. If interested PM me or call/text Ryan at 208-989-2996. Weould trade for AutoEnginuity Computer with ford module for power stroke and $100 cash or sell for $450. Not one cheaper not even ebay. Check out their website for compatibility. Works with many different vehicles and runs codes on any obdII/1996 or newer vehicle.
    • By IDMooseMan
      Are any of you Ford folks looking for a CD-based service manual set? I ordered these on 4/7/2014 and am happy with them. I paid for expedited shipping when I ordered. The total cost was $37.90 at that time.
      1997 Ford F250 HD, F350, F-Super Duty Shop Service Repair Manual CD Factory OEM
      I put this in the "How-To" forum as a test of new permissions granted to me. I hope you find this useful.
    • By Dutch
      Hi.
      Well, here's the deal I got a Optix Fuel PSI guage in the mail I was supposed to get a tranny temp gauge. Seeing if anyone wants to horse trade for it. Or swap me for an equally nice Tranny Temp gauge like Isspro or AutoMeter. This gauge is NIB. Throw me an offer. The gauge is black face with red/orange needle full sweep with green led back light.
      Laters