I'm looking to get my AC charged. Looking for closest shop near Boise. I just can't seem to find a shop that knows what they are doing with AC.

2000 Ford 7.3 just not blowing very cold. I'm hoping it just needs a refresher.

Thanks, Phil

there is a member who does that. he may have you cover that ford with a tarp so he doesnt have to see it though. :lmao:

i will bring this to attn

If it slowly faded, your factory charge has petered out, and can be refreshed. If it recently/"suddenly" went from "cold" to "meh," you have a problem that needs addressing before adding any R-134a.

Call me at too oh hate hate 5 nyn dash 2 seben sicks ate and we can set something up for this weekend, if'n you wish.

Well Ill try to call that #. There are a ton of tricks with this truck to make the ac preform better. One is putting in a shut off valve to the heater core to activate when on max ac. There are many more but I just don't have the time right now. I'm hoping I can get by with a refresher for now.

Well if your up here in New Meadows, ID I'd gladly stuff your Ford in the shop and charge it up so it nice and cold like my Dodge...

Temp from the center dash vents (Not MAX A/C either!)

dqsoav.jpg

In/Out Temp of the truck.

2qa4huu.jpg

Well James hooked me up!!! We started @ 62* coming out of vent with doors open and regular AC. Once he was done it was flowing @ 44*. With the doors closed and max AC @ 2000rpm parked, it got down to 25*..:shock: NOW THAT'S COLD!!:yes:

Thank you James I hope you enjoyed the fish....

Phil

Well James hooked me up!!! We started @ 62* coming out of vent with doors open and regular AC. Once he was done it was flowing @ 44*. With the doors closed and max AC @ 2000rpm parked, it got down to 25*..:shock: NOW THAT'S COLD!!:yes:

Thank you James I hope you enjoyed the fish....

Phil

No fish yet--need some company for that. Hint hint.

Hope the temperature indicators :bouncy are functioning as designed.

That's great!! I will have to get mine in there and see what I can see!!!! (I think mine is still at least down to around 40F . . . )

After being burned by defective parts, I don't like to go see those guys anymore..... Course it works out that we have a few very 'talented' people working the counter here. It is worth it just to go in and see how bad they can mess up your request, simply for the 'entertainment' of it......

I want to replace the hoses and gaskets on my '92. I don't need to pull a vacuum on it to see if they leak; I can see that they are all bad. I want to fix it all up and then charge it up with a good 'alternative' refrigerant. I get that working and the cruise and that will be an awesome old truck!

Can Andy's Supply in Boise make up A/C hoses?

Before you charge up with R134a freon make sure to change the oil in the compressor. It should take 7.1 ounces of PAG oil. I got a 8 ounce bottle and loaded mine up with the full 8 ounces. The you won't have to worry about R12 and R134a mixing issues. Napa sells the conversion kits for R12 to R134a couplers for manifold gauges. Heck if you lived close to me I'd gladly pull a vacuum and charge it up for ya... I've got all the tools for just bring the oil and the freon. :cool:

Andy's had all the weirdo ends to make a new custom hose for my former Audi (Behr (kraut) condenser, Denso (jap) compressor, and GM climate control. I had to make room to add that larger oil cooler.

Envirosafe is pretty much just propane at 10x the price--and works quite well. Just ensure your 11 ounces of propane don't start your 300 pounds of fuel on fire. That is dangerous!!!

If you are to use an alternative, there won't be meaningful performance/data tables for your rig, so you'll just have to charge by performance: keep adding until it quits getting cooler.

I actually was thinking of using R-290 in my '92. It is before '94 when most switched from R-12 to R-134a. The data is what I can't seem to find, so I may just wind up doing it as a 'performance' charge. Should be good enough.

Thanks, I will hit up Andy's and see if they can't make me up new hoses and get me some gaskets (I installed the condenser in this rig and when I hooked up the hoses to the evaporator I could tell all those gaskets were bad and needing replaced. So I just plan on giving it a good 'tune up' before attempting to charge it at all.).