onkyo

Random Questions.

I have a FASS 150, mounted in front of the Drivers Rear Wheel, The Pump is mounted to the frame, through some rubber I think they used to try and reduce the amount of noise it creates.

Any suggestions how to quiet that thing down??

Is an Airdog less noisy?

I am thinking of getting new injectors, My truck is used every day, its my office. Is there like a general place to start with injectors?

Is it better to get 60 HP injectors or get injectors from cummins and purchase nozzels?

If you can fill out your signature so we know what truck you have and you location; that will help us.

I would check out how that FASS is mounted. There is a lot that can be done with how it is mounted to keep it from resonating it's noise into the body and allowing you to hear it. Snap a pic or two if you can.

I would recommend Master Tech Diesel in Boise. Get ahold of PowerFreak on hear (shoot him a PM if you want) and tell him what you are looking for. He can fix you up. I can vouch for him: He does great work! Along those lines, I would not send / buy from Industrial Injection in SLC. When I can get Master Tech to work over my injectors I will know better if I did get poor quality from them like I think I did. I also wasn't very happy with their 'customer care' for the whole process.

I put 60 HP nozzles on my '06 and have been pretty pleased with the results. I maintain it was already weak from the factory and I have not been able to get the mileage out of it that I think it should be able to do. But I can say there is a noticeable difference running 60 more HP!!!

Welcome to ITD!!! I think you will like it here! We know how to have some fun and there is nothing we like better than helping someone spend their money!!!!

Here is the way my AirDog is mounted.

airdog150-installed.jpg

This is a old school short bed bracket which is no longer produced but the AirDog is whisper quiet under my truck. I'm also noticing more people complaining about newer pumps being louder. Most times I find there is a air leak in the system and as the pump pulls air threw it becomes whiny.

It best to purchase assembled injectors than buying just the nozzles and having to pop test each injector and add that bill to the cost.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

picture.php?albumid=95&pictureid=964

Bad picture, had to over expose it, this is just forward of the drivers tire, and just behind the cab of the drivers side.

Looking up at the lines going toward the cab, looks like they may need to be isolated from the chassis, that may be the source of the issue.

I have to agree about the sound being a good thing, it has went away once, took me a 3 day's to figure out why it was so peaceful.

I am not sure, I dont have anyone else I know that has one so i have nothing to compare to.

I am going to try and get up to the dyno thing this weekend, i think that would be quite cool.

normally the thick rubber does the trick.

my opinion,,,,,,,,,,,,, the fass or airdog is a GOOD noise :ok:

Looking at your pic, I would say that your bracket is mounted to the underneath side of the bed. If so, that is a lot of the noise you hear! If you can redesign your bracket and put it on the frame you should be able to get rid of most all of the noise in the cab. You want to keep any of the mounting points off the body and only mount them to the frame. And as Muddy says, you can also add rubber under your mounts if they are still to noisy for you.