ELKSLAYER

CAT Filtration For Duramax

What works in heavy industry usually does wonders for the diesel truck market. This couldn’t be truer in the case of better fuel filtration for the Duramax crowd. Underground Diesel Performance offers the CAT 1R-0749 filter, and its adapter plate for $89 (shipped). The 2-micron filter utilizes a super-fine filtration media, removes more than 98 percent of particles 2 microns or larger, and outperforms the Duramax’s OE filter. The CAT filter is said to also be less susceptible to freezing temperatures, making cold starts easier.

Underground Diesel Performance

(702) 737-7333 • http://www.undergrounddiesels.com/

Edited by ELKSLAYER

This is one of the many mods I have thought about doing to my truck. Too bad they want money for it, or I could have it done already. lol

2 micron fuel filter? That is easy. Go to the bone yards and look for the heads. You can get them cheap that way. I need to buck up and do that for my oil. If I can find one that will fit. I ditched the factory POS and replaced it with a Racor filter from fleabay for fitty bones. They even sent me a larger filter for 15 extra bucks. It's nice to not have them leak as much as the factory one did.

N.A.P.A. when the filter sale is going on have the filter heads cheap. i use a 10 mic w/ h20 seperator and after that a 2 mic fuel filter. 4770 is the head for the 2 mic and 4309 is the one for the 10 mic. we are doing little charlies truck up with that in a week or so.

This site is what got me started on my search for better filtration! They have a lot of different parts and kits for better fuel filtration for you GM: Nicktane

I have a complete list of parts needed to do a 2 micron fuel filter install. Granted it is for a Dodge, but GM uses some of the same fittings . . . . I was able to install mine without cutting any line. By using the OEM fittings it is just 'plug and play'! If you want it, PM me your email addy and I will send it right out.

I should put it up as a tech article. If I do, I'll come back here and link to it!

The list would be nice cuz this is on the list of things to do to the truck, but it's not in the immediate plans of things to spend money on overall.

When I ditched my factory fuel filter manager, I went crazy trying to find the right hoses and connections. I ended up stumbling onto a great site for everything I needed. They even have the good sylicon tubes for my turbo to plenum connection. Very helpful customer service and very economical to boot.

http://www.anfittingsdirect.com/index.php?osCsid=93a93c5d74f308297ead8ba467d90dc2