Relentless70

Diesel Fuel Puddling in AFC Housing

My truck has been acting sluggish lately over the last 3 days(low smoke, low EGTs, lower power). I thought it was the fuel filter being partially plugged, so I replaced it today. Took it for a ride, no change, still sluggish. Pulled the AFC top cover and diaphragm out, and noticed diesel fuel puddled in the AFC housing.

I've never had this happen before, and I suspect I need a partial injection pump rebuild. My question is what kind of damage can the fuel puddling do to my injection pump? I will buy an injection pump rebuild kit right now if I have to, but I really need my truck to be running for the next 5-7 days. Would my injection pump be ok for the next few days with this problem without further damage, or should I get this fixed ASAP? Thank you guys!

Sound like its time for a seal kit to be put in... As long as your not leaking fuel into the crankcase oil or externally you should be fine..

What did you find on this? You might just be leaking in there from an o-ring. If so, you should be able to buy just that o-ring and fix this. Whole lot cheaper buying just a $1 or $2 o-ring!!!!

What did you find on this? You might just be leaking in there from an o-ring. If so, you should be able to buy just that o-ring and fix this. Whole lot cheaper buying just a $1 or $2 o-ring!!!!

I did end up buying a reseal kit, but I did save the old o-ring, so if it happens again in the future, I'll just buy an o-ring :). I also bought a longer AFC slide pin. The pump doesn't leak anymore :).