dctoner

Tinted Cab lights

Well I decided that my cab lights would look better tinted than the standard Orange. It was fairly easy to do and makes the truck look much better.

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=942

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=943

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=945

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=944

This does look great!!

What experience do you have with this product? Like how long it lasts and how it affects the light output.... Do you put it on the outside of the lens?

Thanks!!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk....

Another web site turned me on to a product called night shade, Autozone only had a red tint in this product.

The Rustolem product was sitting next to it, so I decided to give it a try. Directions just stated to use a degreaser to clean the surface to be covered. I guess time will tell on the durability.

If it was a clear lens, spaying the inside would be ideal, but since the lens is colored the outside must be sprayed.

These are the stock cab lights.

I think the light is still bright enough IMO.

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=937

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=941

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=938

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=939

picture.php?albumid=87&pictureid=940

after reading this thread and seeing how great those lights look. i decided to by a set of cab lights from dodge. i got the clear lens lights so i could do the inside like dctoner said. i got a good deal on the kit. $91 and some change shipped with the 5 lights wire harness and template to cut the hole in the roof. thanks DCTONER for this thread.

LCACN,

No Problem, you will have to post some pics when you are done, should look good.

As a side note so far I'm not seeing any issues with the tint, I even took my pressure washer to them.

Is this a surface coverage or does it actualy amagemate into the polycarbonite?

It's just a spray "tint" just a surface coverage..

Bummer. I would like to see it after it has sat in the summer sun for a few days to see how it reacts. This has spray on window tint all over it.

I never used the stuff. Just had a car cheap in high school that had it on it when I got it. After a few days in the summer sun out in Borego dunes it melted and ran. Twas not pretty.:wall:

I might have to get some and play with it. I bet that would look better with some led lights. Or does that new fangled pickem up truck have leds?

They don't have led lights but I got the after market recon led cab lights . You can get replacement bulbs that are led and I have seen those . They look pretty slick..

I just replaced allmy cab lights last fall. I have no intentions of doing that again anytime soon. $28 bucks each just for the factory lens.:wall:

I need to start rounding up the bulbs for mine. I hear tale that there is a certain flasher that is needed for mine but have yet to find the part number for it or the source. I want to do the whole pick up and the 5er in led. Try to squeeze a whole week out of the two deep cycle gels instead of four days I get now.:ok:

Shaner, thanks for the help on this, was up playing in the mountains over the weekend.

john, the tint is much easier to put on than regular spray paint, much finer mist. It still must be layered and you will need to take your time especially on a 3rd brake light that is still on the truck.