jhornsby3

Lets wake this room up.

And by doing so lets see some nice GM trucks. We know what a Furd and that other tuck looks like. Lets see them GM trucks. Show them others what a real truck looks like.:cool:

Flame on Murky and Elkslayer:lmao2:

post-5446-145494325607_thumb.jpg

post-5446-145494325613_thumb.jpg

post-5446-145494325622_thumb.jpg

Yes I did. And thank you for noticing that it is a nice looking GM product. 8-)

Hello. I'm John and I drive a GM truck. I'm proud to be, among many things, a minority.:ok:

got a point. but i cant let him win rig of the month with a rig that has an engine that 'goes both ways' instead of a 'straight' engine. :poke::lol: guess i better post up my old 1st gen.

the tri color exterior wont help it win but knowing what is under the hood will. a real tractor diesel :ok::cummins:

post-4-145494325631_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325635_thumb.jpg

post-4-14549432564_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325643_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325646_thumb.jpg

post-4-14549432565_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325652_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325903_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325907_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325911_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325915_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494325921_thumb.jpg

This should be fun!!

We just spent the weekend in Jackson at the 'Hill Climbs' . . . . There sure was a lot of the unmistakable sounds of those 'straight' diesels running all around the area all weekend.

Here is a shot of ours right after we brought it home (way back then . . . . ):

06MegaCabNew.jpg

And you guys have got to get some up of some Fords! . . . . To help get you started here's mine:

IMG_0311.jpg

kitFOrve7RXav5O3UmGEw9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink

(I'm sure glad that 'everyone' would think that I wouldn't have rigs like that one!!)

(Thanks John! I owe you one!!!!!!!)

Too funny! That old SuperCab has been one tough machine!! I have had it over 20 years now and it still runs like a top. I honestly went across the scales in NJ at over 16,k GCW and drove here. Then from San Diego with over 14,k GCW and drove here. And one time I went across the scales here with over 10,k just on the truck with firewood (In that rack you see above)! That old truck just keeps coming back for more and as you can see it hasn't exactly 'just been used on Sundays' either!

The poor little white car has it's own story:

GeicoLove2.jpg

Can you feel the love!!! I didn't know whether to be mad at my lawyer or laugh out loud!! When my wife gave her deposition the other day to their lawyer, he handed across the table a folder full of these pics. And their lawyer stated in the deposition: 'What is this? Why is it on there? Who put it there? Why did he do that?' and now I'm thinking my lawyer did that so it will be fair game in court! You have to love that company. Who else spends that much on trying to replace lost customers all the time!! If you have time; this is a good read:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/geico-idaho-c586586.html#c1167084

(I couldn't find the link above so I 'googled' to try and locate it. If you want a good laugh, google: 'geico sucks'

There are only 656,000 hits for web sites that think geico

Geico sucks massive flaming, pustulating donkey balls ...

LOL!!!

Had a state farm issue years ago and called gieco and got a huge number plus a runaround to days. I figured that out years ago.

I used to have a 60 GMC 1/2ton with a 305v6 in it. I used to block the rear axel with 6x6's to hual hay. IIRC the largest load was 2 ton on the pick up and 5 or 6 on a trailer. A buddy called me that night and asked why I was doing wheel stands from a light in town. I had no idea what he was talking about. He said that when I left on the green the front wheel was off the ground by almost a foot.

you two are truck abusers. :lol: shame on you :bat: it is cool that them old rigs can take it and come back for more. :ok:

lmwao over the geico sucks sign. :lmao: i remember when ya had trouble with those crooks dan.

Edited by MUDDY

Those two wrecks 'by geico' were so long ago I'm having to start looking at the police reports to remember what the specifics were . . . Stinking geico to this day is still dragging their feet and not paying. . . :wall::wall: I sure hope they refuse to pay until it goes to court!!!! I think they will be unpleasantly surprised!!

Friends Warn Their Friends About geico!!!!!

Now days I guess I'm getting old. I try real hard to not abuse my rigs like that now. I turned in a guy a few years ago for pulling a 45' or 50'+ mobile home down the freeway with an 80's F-150!! Seems he was having trouble staying in either of the two lanes . . . . Almost like he couldn't steer or something . . . . To the Ford's credit: He was making like 40 or 50 MPH on level ground.

To the Ford's credit: He was making like 40 or 50 MPH on level ground.

Not to knock Ford's... I But I wish owners would think a moment... Just because it says "Ford F-xxx" doesn't mean it it can ANYTHING you hitch too...

Over on a RV forum I hang out on I see it all the time I want to tow my 35' 5th wheel with a Ford F-150... WTF?! :wall:

How about my 1951 Willys Jeep with a Chevy 350 backed with a Turbo 350 trans... 8-)

attachment.php?attachmentid=5508&stc=1&d=1333374498

attachment.php?attachmentid=5509&stc=1&d=1333374498

post-5354-145494326062_thumb.jpg

post-5354-145494326072_thumb.jpg

LOL - 'Another satisfied customer' (I thinks you might have been in trouble after that little 'exhibition'!)

I think it just proves that people don't really know (Much of Anything!)..... I could have filmed an episode of Reno 911 in front of my house one day: A local rent-a-cop or security guard stopped to inquire about a camp trailer I was selling. When he told me he was wanting to come 'test' tow it with his p.u. to see if it would work ok I started to wonder. So I asks him what he has and he tells me it is a Ford Currier or Ranger. I try to explain to him that there is no way he would tow it with that little 4 cyl. p.u. but he insisted that it would be fine. I almost let him...... Almost! It was only a 16' 1963 Ideal TT but I'm sure there is no way that little 'truck' could handle it!!! (On the flats, let alone in the hills!)

People just don't realize what capacities or even a safety margin are!! Don't get me wrong: I have hauled plenty of things in my life that were a little 'over' capacity. Some of it was from stupidity (Not knowing any better...), some out of necessity and some because I just didn't care. But I hope that I still had some idea of just how to do it and how far I could actually push it....... (I should dig up my pics of improper hitch installs........)

Come on everyone!! Go out, wash your rigs and let's get up some great pics of some great rigs in here!! I know you have some to show off!

An ex many years ago bought a S-10 and was told by the dealer that the little 4banger could pull a two hose trailer anywhere she wanted. Loaded. I laughed and told her to take it back. She wanted to try it so I put the trailer on the truck and laughed harder when the rear tires were barried in the wheel wells. I asked her if she wanted to try putting a horse in it and was busting a gut as she walked away.

Let's get this thread back on track. Here's some pics of my GM.

The day I brought it home

P6080003.jpg

One week later camping in Eastern Wa. with the family

P6170180-1.jpg

After color matching fender flares and door handles

0723111358-01.jpg

A little patriotic for Sept 11 last year

P9010012.jpg

Photobucket is being gay right now, and will only open in mobile mode on my laptop, so this is the best I could do for now.