ELKSLAYER

Ken B put over a Million Miles on his Dodge Cummins Truck

Ken B put over a Million Miles on his Dodge Cummins Truck

Thought you might like to know that my brother's 2004 Dodge with the Cummins Diesel has approximately 1,100,000 miles on the engine. We are not sure about the exact mileage because the odometer stopped when the

engine went to 999,999 and it's still there.

We have used Lucas oil treatment faithfully throughout the life of the engine. Further we put over 500,000 on the manual transmission using your transmission additive.

Just wanted to thank you for producing such a great product!

Sincerely,

Ken Bliek

I have always thought I would have some but unless I start running Hot Shots I don't see that happening any time soon.....

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk....

:whistle: I have seen quite a few that were hot shot-ing several years ago that back then already had 500 and 600,k + . . . . .

Are you saying that you think 300 - 400 HP out of a 5.9L will hurt it's longevity?

3-400 wont hurt. think about it. if it takes 130 hp to move the mass down the road, that is all you are feeding it. you dont need to give it 400hp much. if the right driver is driving they can make it last.

one local 04.5 i know of has 600k. a bad injector did a number on one of the wholes. got it too hot :wall:

That is what I was referring to as far as the power. I feel that the mighty 5.9L is right at home with about 400 or 450 HP! And of course how it is used and maintained is really where the whole thing is at anyway. A person can easily tear up and ruin one that has been turned down almost just as fast and easily as one that has been turned up in power!! If you can get an equipment operator to really understand what is going on under the hood and how to take care of it then you can get some really long life out of it!! And this 'knowledge' actually doesn't have to be of how to do all of the maintaining of that equipment. It is just the principals of what is good for it and how to interpret what is going on so they will know if there is a problem or a change. I can remember the report of a problem with a gas powered rig a long time ago: 'It started sounding bad and then it died while going down the road. I was able to finally get it restarted and it still sounded bad. It ran a little ways farther and then I couldn't get it restarted.' The diagnosis wasn't too good. It had lost all it's oil going down the road (I don't remember if the oil filter fell off or if the drain plug came out.). I still feel if that operator had shut it down as soon as the 'bad sounds' started that engine would have been saved. As it turned out it was restarted at least twice and it seemed like there had to be a 'cooling off' period before it could be restarted.

Hmm.... Well, anyway: I feel it is important that the operator of any equipment know at least a little about it!!