ELKSLAYER

1991½ to 1993 Dodge

1991½ to 1993 Dodge

Although Dodge first crammed a Cummins inline-six into its ¾- and 1-ton pickups for the ’89, the ’91½ to ’93 models are the years to have. The mid-year models in ’91 saw a few important changes, namely, an overdrive transmission (also known as a 518) and an intercooler. With $1,000 in modifications, these trucks can reach the 300-rwhp mark and will run forever.

$25 bucks is all it takes to get close and a three hundred dollar bill for injectors. my 92 had 600k and ran like new. relentless70 [scott] is stll runnin the 92 and workin it hard. i have owned several 91.5 thru 93 first gens and a couple 89 thru 91 trucks. all good rigs :ok:

love dependability and simplicity :cummins:

This is all true! My '92 is growing on me for sure! Course it helps that it has the right gears, an NV4500 and a Gear Vendor behind that!! I don't have the Gear Vendor plugged in yet. As soon as I get the cab back together, turn up the engine a bit and finish off a few little things here and there, then this will be a great traveling rig!!

I'm considering making this a dually sometime after I convert it back to a p.u. bed. . . . We'll see if that pans out.

well,,,,,,,,,,, if ya want 315s in the front, and 215s in the back, that would work to make 4.10s and 3.55s the same :lmao: