petroskie

sitten to low

so a bunch of guys at work recently have gotten trucks similar to mine and even factory they seem to sit almost 2inches taller at the fenders, can anybody tell me or share a link on what the factory ride height should be at the fenders. would seem odd for sombody to lower a 4x4 but some old men like it i guess

rear sits at 40" and front sits at 36" measured from ground to bottom of fender. I agree seems like every truck sits different. was just wondering if anybody knew what it should sit at

I couldn't say off the top of my head...only way I know of to find out what your particular ride height should be would be to call the dealer with your VIN...maybe they could tell you ride height, maybe not...but they should be at least able to tell you which suspension package you have...from there I'd guess netsurfing homework would reveal what you need. I will say that a 4 inch difference from front to rear is extreme...try to park it on LEVEL even ground and remeasure...also measure left and right of the front...you may have a weak spring or torsion bar out of adjustment in the front.

i parked it in the street and measured, and it was even side to side no issues there, maybe ill call the dealer, my guess is maybe the PO lowered the front for towing reasons or what ever else

It'd be a good idea to have the alignment check after adjusting the torsion bars too. Be careful as to how much you crank them up as even though they will make the truck 'level' with the rear, damage could be done to parts up front. The stock shocks can only go so far and could be damaged by over-extension. Going to far can also cause the angles of the drive shafts to become too steep causing potential problems down the road. There are a ton of threads on other forums about leveling trucks, and they can provide you a better understanding of how things work. IMO if you are looking to be within 1-2" of level with the rear of the truck a true leveling kit with longer shocks may treat you better in the long run. The further up they are cranked will also affect ride comfort a little from what I've heard. I cranked mine up last summer 1.5", but couldn't tell much difference. I also replaced all 4 shocks with HD Bilsteins too (make sure to get the ones that accept up to 2" lift up front so they don't over-extend). Hope that helps a little.