cahammer

looks like dave got swanked

Guest Mopar1973Man

That's just plain dirt pool...

A great guy like Swank designs a super intake and some company just steals the design from under him... It just not right...:nono:

:rant:

Did Swank ever got into "production" of those intakes?

I know he made a couple "prototypes" and that's all I ever heard. I inquired several times about being able to order one, and was told "prices and availability soon to come" that was a good 5 or 6 months ago.

If he didn't have a patent or copyright on the intake, it's not illegal to copy it. And even if it was, it would involve a lawsuit against whoever is making them.

I don't mean to insult, it's a nice setup, BUT it's not like it's a special casting or anything "custom". A person with a few tools could make one without much trouble if they wanted.

Guest ShanesLB7

Yeah it is too bad that happend... I will personally get a swanker if he gets them done but I haven't heard. I do konw it takes time and money and it's all out of pocket until you can get them mass produced.. Sorry to hear Mike just keep plugging along I'm getting one unless you can't get them made...

Shane

yeah no joke, if not I may have to start building my own for my rig.

That's my thoughts. I'd rather buy one since it was gonna come powder coated and that's not much the effort or money for one small piece, but we do what we gotta do in life.

swanker is OVER a year old to being put into production, I tried to get mine off the ground but swank said no and I respected that, but Ive still send a few out of the garage to friends. stainless tubing, some bondo and paint! Im running 2 probes for boost and 2 for water/meth (see pic) there was/is a huge market for them heck AFE just came out with one so you know they are watching!

4-14-07014.jpg

Ian

Well Dave aint the only one to get Swanked by Glacier Diesel. I just saw today that he has introduced his new line of mechanical lift pumps for the 24V trucks. It's funny, they look exactly like the RASP and MITUSA pumps that Opie and a few other big namers have been testin and perfectin for some years now. Wonder how he got it designed so quick and easy.

FWIW Dave Put alot into The Swanker , I Had the 12V Prototype it was SWEET ,

I Started the orginating Thread and even named it the Swanker , Orders seem to be coming in he started a website and has Marine The middle man taking orders and ect , and just never did get quite all the ducks in a row .

As for the patents ect.... This isnt the first item that GDP has been accused of coping and even offering more $$$ to the exact same suppliers of the products and services to enter the product fully into deveolpment This is Real Life and GDP Saw an opertunity and jumped on it and are delivering these products to consumers , However They may have to over come the "You Copy Cats" personia , Same as Banks "You Suck" ,

Im fairly confident that the Swanker will be Distributed By its orginater and it will cost alot less than the GDP One .

When it comes to patents, Copyrights and Trade Marks its a Dog Eat Dog World

www.idahobombers.com Ring a bell ... Pure BS and shows the true traits of the parties involved

As For Diesel Bombers , I paid $99 just for the paper work to file for a Federal Then filed it out and paid another $399 for a Federal Submittion to the Copy Right Office for the Words "Diesel Bombers" it will take atleast a Year to get finalized and if it dont pass then its non refundable , If it does pass then I have a good Since of Security and a long list of Benefits

Advantages of federal trademark registration include:

* Constructive notice nationwide of the trademark owner's claim.

* Legal presumption of ownership of the trademark.

* Anyone using a "confusingly similar" mark can be legally stopped.

* Registration provides powerful ammunition against potential infringement.

* Exclusive use of the trademark nationwide in connection with the goods or services indicated.

* The right to sue in of federal courts for trademark matters.

* Can receive money damages for infringement up to triple of actual losses.

* Registration can be used as a basis for obtaining registration in foreign countries.

* Registration may be filed with U.S. Customs Service to prevent importation of infringing foreign goods.

* Allows use of the ® symbol or the words "Registered Trademark."

* Can increase the value of your trademark as a business asset.

* After five years, the trademark owner's rights become incontestable.

* Can prohibit the registration or use of an Internet domain name that infringes the trademark.

An ® or an ™ or The Words Registed Trade Mark all mean the Same thing

When your going into things like the swanker that would be a Copyright Totally Diffrent ....

Advantages of federal copyright registration include:

* Copyright registration establishes a public record of your copyright.

* Your copyright must be registered in order to take legal action against an act of infringement.

* If registered within five years of publication, your registration certificate is prima facie evidence of the validity of your copyright.

* If registered within three months of publication or before an infringement occurs, once proven, statutory damages of up to $150,000 plus attorney's fees could be awarded to you as copyright owner, even if your actual damages are minimal.

* Registration provides powerful ammunition against potential infringement.

* If you don't register your copyright and someone else claims your work as their own, you will have to prove that it is actually yours. Registration avoids this burden of proof.

* Copyright encourages creativity by giving exclusive property rights to "works of authorship," enabling the creator to reap financial rewards from their works by controlling access to the works in the marketplace.

Its all alot of mumbo jumbo But when it comes right down to it who ever has the better understanding of it will have the leg up , Its just how We work I guess

I have No Clue about Patents other than seeing Patents Pending More than Patented

DM

Hmmm...words to the wise DM???

I guess you have to protect yourself...anyone and everyone will copy your stuff and call it their own as soon as they see it.

I am currently in patent pending stage of a product of mine. once a person files, the office does NOT have to look at it for 2 years of filing. That is why you see "patent pending" on so many items. US patent costs around 10k then if you go to other countries it varies. I think the UK is around 13k now. I have the price sheet somewhere. As for trademarks, to get one you have to have at least 3 packaged products with your wording you want to mark, then its around 3,000 said and done. I have been at this for going on 5 years now. I stay in contact with my patent attorney and he tells me an update. Ok, tm stands for trademark pending, and the r means it is registered. Once filed for a tm You can place tm on the product, then after what i said above you get it registered with an r. If someone has a product they are producing, you HAVE to have product liability insurance on them to be on a shelf or on the internet, and your gross sales is what determines the cost. The larger companies that carry a huge inventory of alot of items just mesh together in a way. Infact i have 6 new billet pieces that will be packaged this week and in a local shop for test sales. But first product liability insurance. I have another 2 product that i hope to launch by july. But saying dog eat dog in patents is right. A patent only last for 14 years, and you cant renew. Also some items are not worth patenting because of cost and competition.

ok here is some more info

* Utility Patent- Issued for the invention of a new and

useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of

matter, or a new and useful improvement thereof, it

generally permits its owner to exclude others from

making, using, or selling the invention for a period of

up to twenty years from the date of patent application

filing ++, subject to the payment of maintenance fees.

Approximately 90% of the patent documents issued by the

PTO in recent years have been utility patents, also

referred to as "patents for invention."

* Design Patent- Issued for a new, original, and

ornamental design for an article of manufacture, it

permits its owner to exclude others from making, using,

or selling the design for a period of fourteen years

from the date of patent grant. Design patents are not

subject to the payment of maintenance fees.

* Plant Patent- Issued for a new and distinct, invented

or discovered asexually reproduced plant including

cultivated sports, mutants, hybrids, and newly found

seedlings, other than a tuber propagated plant or a

plant found in an uncultivated state, it permits its

owner to exclude others from making, using, or selling

the plant for a period of up to twenty years from the

date of patent application filing ++. Plant patents

are not subject to the payment of maintenance fees.

FYI a post i made on this thread on 08-05-2007, 11:06 PM - Post 15 on this thread

I paid $99 just for the paper work to file for a Federal ™ Then filed it out and paid another $399 for a Federal Submittion to the Copy Right Office for the Words "Diesel Bombers" it will take atleast a Year to get finalized and if it dont pass then its non refundable , If it does pass then I have a good Since of Security and a long list of Benefits

Now its Sept 2008 , and on the 2nd of Sept my ® Went threw , Once you file your name is a ™ automatically then once you get the registration its an ® , ive had about 4 different communications with the feds and finally got er done Diesel Bombers ® is now a reality and i have to refile in a few years or ill lose it , what a PITA , but im now protected by the USA and Intellectual Property Rights Law of Registered Trademarks We are Reg. No. 3,494,401 Cls. 100, 101 & 104 Under Int. Cl. 38. The site i used to get the ball rolling is www.directlegal.com , if you want to do it pay the extra and get the filing also