jinpdx

1972 Jeep CJ5 with a 401

This is my 72 CJ5. It originally had a 304 in it, but I replaced it with a 401. The engine is not stock. It has ported heads, a Crower Baja Torqmaster cam, Edelbrock RPM AIR-GAP intake manifold, Holley 670 Truck Avenger carb, Holley Red fuel pump, new Duraspark distributor, MSD ignition, Accel Super coil, new Bulltear matched distributor and cam gears, new Bulltear HRC oil pump gears, Bulltear steel oil pump mid plate and Bulltear special oil pump gaskets. This engine runs extremely strong, but does need a little tuning on the carb to get rid of a momentary flat spot when the secondarys open. It has a T15 3 speed trans and Dana 20 transfer case. I also have installed a new

It has a Dana 30 front and a dana 44 rear with a Trac-Loc posi and 427 gears. Aluminum rims and new Toyo 31-10.50 AT tires also. There is also a Warn 8274 winch mounted on the front. Inside it has Aftermarket bucket racing seats that are set up for 5 point harnesses. These seats are very confortable, and keep you in place.

I have some extra parts also like a complete front axle with 427 gears, a rear axle housing and shafts, some 4 inch lift Wrangler springs, and a Ford T18 4 speed trans that I was going to adapt into it.

All in all, this is a nice Jeep, and I have put alot of money into. Never thought I would sell it, but things sometimes happen that way. It is not without its faults, it does have minor runs in the floors, and some other small things that could be done. It is a Jeep after all.

$3200, I could drop the price a little if you don't want the winch

Give me a call at 208-830-9380

Thanks,

Justin

post-5439-145494317508_thumb.jpg

post-5439-145494317521_thumb.jpg

post-5439-145494317536_thumb.jpg

post-5439-145494317549_thumb.jpg

Its definitely a runner. I put the 401 in about 3 years ago and it has been alot of fun. I built this motor for a mud race truck I use to run up north, but didn't use the truck down here, so in the CJ it went. I put this carb on last year and never really spent the time to dial it in. It runs pretty good now, but this motor makes a ton of power when tuned in right.