petroskie

the "dip" habit

thinking of quiting chewing, been doing it for almost 10 years (16-25) and i have no issues, even the dentist said he couldnt tell. anyway just a thought i felt i could share with my diesel buddys, yall always have great opinions:rofl:

Even if it doesn't cause you any problems it certainly would save you money if you quit buying it!

(I'd recommend quitting but that is just me....)

i get it close to nothing from a buddy in montana, but like how ppl chew on pens when thinking thats what it does for me other than the nic but after a day or two the withdrawls are about gone. been looking at herbal chew cause i feel very off with out it in my lip and gum just hurts the jaw

thats what i was reading online, these herbal snuff companys make a chew that packs and sets just like the real stuff but no tobacco and no nic, they say for the first tin do 75%real 25%herbal, then 50/50, then 25/75, then 100% herbal. lots of ppl said they kicked the nic in under a month. maybe less for me cause i can easily burn a can a day. feels good to talk about it, the wife wont disscuss it cause she hates it and the guys at work raz me about it but you guys are alright in my book. muddy sorry about your loss buddy

Condolences, Muddy. I don't recall hearing about that.

Petroskie, I quit smoking back in (God, I sound old) 1991 by using the patch. Best move, health-wise, I ever did. Was able to get the wife to stop smoking, too. I was amazed at all the things I could get done in a day (office environment and flightline work) when I wasn't stopping to go outside for a smoke or two.

Yes, the first 48-72 hours are the worst. They're also the withdrawal period. Nicotine is addictive and needs to work its way out of your system. After 72 hours, the "cravings" are psychological and NOT physical. Trust me, you'll still "WANT" the nicotine, but you won't "NEED" the nicotine at that point.

There was some weight gained after a few months of not smoking. Back then, I was in charge of the Base Motorcycle Safety Program and I was able to hit the gym in the afternoon every day if I wanted. The weight came off again and things started to settle down. Then the base closed...and that's another story for another day.

Bottom line, quit the tobacco habit and you'll be much healthier. Even though you get your stash fairly cheap, you might be surprised at how much money you have left over when payday has come and gone.

Good luck. I hope you decide to quit before the damage is done.

Ill kick it yet. my last job i was alone 90% of the time so i was the only one besides friends but my new job every body smokes or chews and every time they smile they show off some scary chompers if they even have any, thats what really started this whole quiting thing but all around itd be good, i ordered a sleve of the herbal stuff last night so gunna get this train a rollen, as the the psychological part that will be my big up hill battle cause i have a very additctive personality i there are somthing that i cant function or think with out a big ol chaw in the lip, but if it aint bad for me then no worries.IDmooseman I bet you have many stories that i have learned from hell all yall do

Sorry to hear about your loss Muddy!

I guess we are a bunch of 'quitters'!! LOL But it is true: somethings are better quit or never started!

My dad quit when I was born. He had smoked at that point for many decades! This is back before any patches or anything like fake smokes or any substitutes. I guess he just cold turkey, one day said that is the last one! And it was! He never smoked another for the rest of his life! As I get older I am realizing what a tough man he was. To quit any habit after it is that much a part of your life is truly hard! There were several things he did that now I realize how hard they were.

But I am sure that if you want to, you can do it too! Hopefully we can offer some help and encouragement for you to be able to quit. We do try. It is good that everyone here does want to help each other out. We do a good job of kidding an ribbing but it is all in good fun. It is nice that we have such a good bunch around here!

Only weak minded feeble people get addicted to things. They use the "addicted" excuse as a crutch for their weakness. Just fucking suck it up and quit. Dip or chew has got to be one of the most filthy habits ever. Your breath smells like you have been eating fetid defecation (that would be shit) all day long.

A Colonel in the US Army made several of the morons I worked with overseas get out of a meeting since they were dipping... It went something like this: GTF out of my conference room with that garbage. GTF out of my meeting, spit that fucking shit out, brush your fucking teeth, you filthy motherfuckers and replace with a stick of mint gum. Pour your filth out of those bottles in the sand and bury it. Place those bottles into the trash. Make damn sure you're freshened up before you come back in here. I don't want to smell dog shit. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!?! He wasn't talking to soldiers, he was talking to defense contractors. :lmao2:I'll never forget that meeting for the rest of my life.

I used to work with hundreds, if not thousands of folks who dipped and only a handful kept it under wraps. One kid would gut the dip and you'd never know he was dipping. The second he was finished, he'd rinse his mouth with Listerine. Actually, I think he rinsed with Listerine every hour. OCD? Maybe. LOL.

I've been off it for almost 2 weeks going strong.. I don't take kindly to being called weak, that being said I must be weak cause I'm addicted to getting ass from my wife, it is my weakness

I've been off it for almost 2 weeks going strong.. I don't take kindly to being called weak, that being said I must be weak cause I'm addicted to getting ass from my wife, it is my weakness

:laugh:

That's not an addiction, it's a desire and it's normal. :cool:

For the nic there is a good alternitive. Grab some of the shelled sunflower seeds. Every time you have the "craving" toss a hand full in your mouth and chew them up. There is a chemical in the seeds that will "fool" the brain thinking you have the nic. It works for smoking but for chew I am not sure. The only other thing is the habit of holding the sig. For chew it would have to be something in the lip, I guess. I traded a smoke habit for a return to chew when I got married. a few months ago I went two days with out chew and my wife said I was the biggest bitch she had ever met when she handed me a roll.

John

a guy a work had quit and he turned me on to this chattahoochie snuff, basically fake chew. no tabac or nic just all natural stuff and works well cause it tricks the mind since yuo can still feed the habit which is half the battle.