powersmoke

Nisssan Pickup

Were the early 80's Nissan King cab pickups carbed or injected? The engine is supposed to be a Z24 with 8 spark plugs. would that be a 2.0 or a 2.4. I'm thinking a 2.4 since it's a pickup and a 4x4. I am looking at one that needs work but I know very little about them. I need some thing with good mileage. this one is an 83

seems as if 83 they went from the datsun to nissan nameplate and also went to the 2.4. the earlier smaller engined rigs could hardly keep overdrive on the level.

if ya want mpg dont get one of those. i can speak from expierience on a 97 4cyl nissan 4wd. got no better than an f-150 4wd w/ 300 I-6/np-435 or a W-250 318/nv4500 i have owned. ok, 1 mpg better. also i had frame and ifs problems with the nissan. stay away. i had that little truck a total of 2 months and hated it. :td:

they were carburated...and what a mess that was. They rarely got decent mileage cause there was always somethin fucked up in the carburation...how could there not be, there were vacuum lines and solenoids everywhere you looked under the hood. Been so long since I've messed with one, I don't even remember what they called that carburation system now (something "draft"..shoulda been called wallet draft)....run away...run far away.

I agree! Didn't those do about 15 MPG if they were running good? I get that out of the Mega and it for sure runs much better than those ever did!!

I was trying to come up with something to recommend if he needs a rig with a little mileage.....

?

As far as I know, a later model S-10..... ?

I would go for a late 80's up Toyota!!

late 80s toyotas still have trouble breaking 20mpg. had some.

try a first gen. my 4WD 89 got me 24 consistant and 27mpg once. :ok:

course ya pay the price tween that old datsun and a first gen.....