95FORDDUALLY

FUEL TANK SWITCH

HI,I have a 1983 crew cab 3/4 ton pickup that i have a problem with the fuel tank switch,it appears that one part of the switch will not let any fuel thru the valve.

Cost wise would it be better and easier to put in a mechanical switch like the one i had an older pickup that

all you had to do was turn to another tank and leave the

electrical part in place for fuel senders,any other ideas,THANKS

it MIGHT cost less to do that, but it'll dam sure be more work than just getting a switch or valve from the wreckin yard. I use all parts brokers and redline auto salvage on the blvd between nampa and caldwell. Those 2 will be your best bet price wise.

That's good news. Jennifer (my youngest) has never been to a junkyard and wants to do a Father/Daughter trip to check it out. I think it's only $1 each to enter the yard, so I figure why not. It'd be a new experience for her and I'd get to check out the place, too.

I'd love to add a '79 - '85 Mustang or Capri to the household inventory.

Check out the other Jalopy out in Caldwell also!

I would recommend just buying a new selector valve (or the switch? Depending on which is bad....). I would price new before going the used route. You might get a working one from the yard but if the price is similar then I always just go with new....

Crap! You are right.... Make sure it isn't Chineese! If all you can get new are Chineese / Crap then you should go with an old worn out, abused, shot, broken American made one. At least you will know that it will work and for sure out live that trash from China!!

Yesterday I took back a 'new' thermostat that only lasted 2 or 3 days. I thought it would be ok because it was made in Israel. And it was the second one I took back! Maybe they are too busy now days ducking bombs lobbed over the boarder at them to concentrate on doing quality work?

Crap! You are right.... Make sure it isn't Chineese! If all you can get new are Chineese / Crap then you should go with an old worn out, abused, shot, broken American made one. At least you will know that it will work and for sure out live that trash from China!!

Yesterday I took back a 'new' thermostat that only lasted 2 or 3 days. I thought it would be ok because it was made in Israel. And it was the second one I took back! Maybe they are too busy now days ducking bombs lobbed over the boarder at them to concentrate on doing quality work?

LOL, this is why I keep my old core items and hunt down rebuild shit.