petroskie

what would you do

So im wrestling with selling my truck really dont want to but with my much much lower pay by the time i pay all my bills i have very little left in the bank for emergencys, wife dosnt want me too cause i finally got my self a good rig since i always got her and the kid a better rig, but I dont think its $$$$ smart to be this tight with funds:-(

in the same boat. it is less stress to have less payments. however can you come out???????? dont dump and loose $. if you can ride it out a while and keep it the good :ok:

on another note you can have a lot of fun w/ an older diesel too. :ok:

im gunna call my loan company and see what options i have, maybe instead of a 3 year loan i can stretch it out to a 6 year just to bring the payment down, then do double payment when im good again. hate to loose my truck but cant be so broke i cant afford food and doctor for the kid, my brother did tell me his boss wants my truck so worse case maybe he can buy it for what the loan is or even assume the loan that way my credit dosnt get bit, this is the nest site in the world!!!

trucks are replaceable........ ya may have a void in time where ya might be driving an older truck with no or low payments but lack of stress is worth it :ok: get back on your feet then go for a later model rig. gotta keep the credit good. get your name off of it.

you can still have pride of ownership with a nice older truck.......... :ok: in fact if ya get an older rig ya may want to stick with it. :ok:

got lucky, potlatch credit union (my loan ppl) said that after 6 payments (only 2 more to go) they can stretch my loan from a 3 year loan to a 6 year loan and cut my monthly payment in half! good cause now i dont have to loose my truck, bad cause im thier bitch for 6 years but i figure once things pick up i can do double payments. amazing how ppl will just roll over and let the worst happen for fear of the bank when it turns out they are very willing to work with ya

Before you start making double-payments, make sure there is no pre-payment penalty. Also make sure your additional payments go 100% to principal and none to interest.

If there's no pre-payment penalty and you don't specify how you want the extra payment credited to the account, most places will take it as just another payment and take the interest out first before applying it to the principal loan balance.

Good luck. We were with Wells Fargo and they DID NOT want to work with us. Our situation is getting better, but we're not quite out of the woods yet.