MarineOne

Mad as hell !!!!!!

Most of you know I work overseas, and I found out today a couple of pieces of information .....

Our base is small and we've never had a PX/BX. After several attempts it appears we're not going to be getting one since AAFES needs to make a profit from a location that doesn't carry an operational name, i.e., Operation Iraqi Freedom, Operation New Dawn, etc.. It's not that big of a deal to me if we have one or not because I have my wife send me all my hygiene products (razors, deodorant, shampoo, body soap, etc.) from home.

This is where push comes to shove ..... the Department of State folks paid us a visit to confirm we will probably not get the PX/BX. Hell, we don't even have a barber shop and I haven't had a haircut since August. The best part is we've also found out that US Mail will be limited to 2 pounds per package for incoming mail.

Let's do some math here using shampoo. I use Pert because it's inexpensive and my wife can send me 3 or 4 bottles at a time. It's $3.97 a bottle, which weighs 1.77 pounds. This means with packaging (box, etc.) it should be about 2 pounds, which is the limit. To send me this ONE bottle of shampoo it will cost me $12.95 at a minimum for flat rate shipping, so a $4 bottle of Pert is now $17.

$17 per bottle. Yeah, do the math ...... $17.

And this is for anything I need just to wash myself.

Is there someone here that we (when I said "we" I mean ITD folks) can contact about this? I'm so angry right now it's hard for me not to swear up a storm.

-Kris

I thot jarheads didnt have any hair???

maybe not as aggressive as you'd like or is warranted, but sounds like chain of command issue.

Best,

Squidboy

See and that's the thing, it actually came from the top!

I won't name names right now because of OPSEC, but it came from the chief himself and not from one of his lackeys ..... hence the reason why we have a lot of folks here that are really pissed off.

Like I said, I don't care if the PX/BX comes here or not ...... its the simple fact that these folks have had more than a year to properly plan the transition and it's the little stuff that has fallen through the cracks, like mail from home. Failure on a grand scale is what we're talking about, and no one really seems to care because when we asked hard questions we never really got a straight answer.

I guess it's time to write a seething e-mail to our elected representatives and make them work for me for a change.

-Kris

[

I guess it's time to write a seething e-mail to our elected representatives and make them work for me for a change.

-Kris

Thats just it, they work for US. But they they think it's the other way around.:alert