IdahoCowboy71

Getting better

Well after weeks of playing with my DVOM meter and taking readings from my glow plugs, I think I have found the optimum timing and fuel delivery setting on the 7.3 IDI. I went to Blackfoot for the weekend and averaged 19.7666 miles per gallon. Plenty of power, very light black smoke with my foot buried in it. I guess it is running pretty efficient. Now for a new turbo setup and I will be happy as a pig is sh%t. :thumbup:

Guest 9812VCTD

My first diesel was a 92 IDI and it ran good I never checked the mileage on it. It smoked pretty heavy when the go pedal was on the wood. It's cool you have been tuning your truck sounds like you got it dialed in!:thumbup:

Justin

Guest Mopar1973Man

Your starting to catch up to me with my 19-20 MPG on my Cummins! Good Work man! It nice to see a 6-8K pound truck getting 19-20 MPG!!! :thumbup:

I had a 2000 Dodge Cummins, Loved it, had it bombed, just didn't love the payments. I would get 19-20 with it if I could keep my foot out of it. Miss hte truck , just not the payments. Thats why I went to older truck. Now when I ge tthe 79 F250 done with a cummins in it, I'll really be happy. Nice to see diesel is less than gas again too.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found