petroskie

what oil so you use

im due for my oil change,filter and fuel filter. Im getting serveral responces from the diesel shops around here from amsoil,shaffers oil,delo 400, rotella T, ect. The original owner seemed to bounce between delo400 and amsoil, but only used amsoil oil and fuel filters. what do you recomend especialy with winter upon us. thanks in advance$$$and here is some $$$ for your trouble

i use amsoil in my 97 cummins. delo in the 93 and have used delo in most of the other cummins' i have owned and my 6.2's and psd's.

i think amsoil is best in the long run. 15k oil changes and change the filter half way between.

Right now I'm running the diesel rated Valvoline Premium in both my trucks since I get a deal from the local stealership. 4 changes for $160 bucks with filters.

-Kris

I run the Delo 400 year round...don't think it really gets cold enough here for it to cause a problem...least I've never had a problem with it down to 0 deg F...and I don't plug it in in the winter either.

Delo 400 all the way!! Your motor will be cleaner and last the longest! And I don't think there is a thing wrong with 10,k between changes with it (As long as you don't fall into the severe use category!).

thing i hate is the demise of ci-4. now is cj-4. means change oil twice as often. thx to the tree huggers :td:

amsoil still has ci-4 only for the older pre 07.5 trucks.............

I use DELO but am thinking of switching to amsoil due to the fact that you can't get CI-4 in the DELO any more. Amsoil is available in the CI-4 only. Wonton, aka Chuck sells amsoil and will bring it to the meeting. I may do an order before it is time for the next oil change.

cj4 oils leave out an additive which suspends the soot in the oil. this new oil was formulated for the new 'emmisions' rigs 07.5 and newer. it will work in the older rigs but needs to be changed more often........

ci4 oils have been discontinued by most oil outfits. amsoil offers both.

when you see ci4 and also see cj4 on the label it is the new formulated oil