mobs241

woho!!

as some of you have noticed the past few weeks ive been kinda scarce to see on this site or any other sites for that matter...

well the reason being i was taking my final test for my emt b liscence!!!

i already got my first responder about 5 months ago!

only 2 more certifications to get before i can go on a ambulance (well technically i can go on now with a emt-b but id have to take a paycut to do it.. (not doing it for the money but i do have bills to pay)

well anyway.. im not scanning in my certificate as its got personal information on it that i dont really want displayed.. i will do it after i fire up photoshop :)

but i did get my patches for uniforms.. (in mo im assuming that the registar office is the one that hands out your qualification patches)

ems_mopatch.gif

well anyway story of me.. i thought it was cool and kinda exited :)

funny thing is.. you have to have a 95 on the test to pass. theres 20 extra credit points. i got a 119 on the test.. i missed a trick question..lol.

the question is after recieveing a call and your vehicle is parked what is the first thing you do?

well i responded with fasten seat belt and turn on emergency equipment and put in gear..

correct answer was supposed to be get in and turn vehicle on... they didnt say you werent in the vehicle.. FAWKERS!!

i dont yet.. i sell auto parts..

i voulenteer for avec.. see my other post in here for more info on that..

im not going to work for a company for emt till im out of school or interning.. as i would have to take a pretty decent paycut to work as a emt ( not doing it for the money believe me.. but i do have to make a living as i have bills to pay)

Guest 9812VCTD

Congrats I'm glad that people are willing to do that work to help others out thanks!:thumbup:

Justin

congrats man! thats not a job I would ever want... and not sure one I could do one a regular basis, glad there are guys that can and do. thanks!

Mobs,

Are you going to get your EMT-I? If so, which will you get, the 85 or 99 standard? Mine is the 85. Idaho will not adopt it, because it will be much easier to get EMT-P.

We had a nasty wreck last night and a few days ago. Brings the Korn song to heart.

DEAD BODIES EVERYWHERE

technically in the state of illinois im already a emt-i as im certified in trach, oxegen delivery technickes and trake. but missouri doesnt adopt it because i learned at a firehouse instead of in a classroom.. who wouldve thought that hands on would be worse than from a book??? i have the certificate for il but not mo. and im not paying 3k to get the same training in mo so im most likely going to skip it and just go for emt-p

Guest Mopar1973Man

I always loved the trick questions... NOT! :lol:

But I'm glad there is another person in this world that is willing to help others people freely. I got to admit with all the work I've put into the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept I sure do deserve a award (which I got not too long ago).

But I'm glad you pushing foreward to get more cert's. I've got a wall full of fire cert's now... And I'm going to get more! :thumbup:

shit im barely started!!

ive only been with them for 3 months! i dont think i could do it for pay... my best friend put it the best like this: direct quote from her myspace

Why is it that anytime I talk to others about the Search and Rescue I do, I get these responses: "YOU DO THAT FOR FREE", "I WOULDN'T DO THAT FOR FREE", "WOW THEY SHOULD PAY YOU FOR THAT". I find myself thinking: To me donating my free time, running for hours without sleep, and using my last dime to get there is no big deal. Glad to help!!

Anyways, I have found that those of us that do these thankless jobs do it not for any praise, we do it because we care about others and our communities. We do it from the heart and need no thanks. We are not rich, we don't have expensive homes and most of us are struggling just to keep the power on (myself included). We do the jobs (some nastier then others) that most people won't do. We are a rare breed and I am honored to be apart of it. So to those of you, like me, that give up your free time, your family holiday gathering, sleep and time from work to get out there and help those in need, you are a rare breed. You never look the other way when someone needs help. You never think twice to jump right in and give it your all. I just wish there were more like us in our communites. Why would someone need pay to do something they enjoy so much. Do you get paid to do the things you love?

and the being poor thing is true... i have several times now put of paying a bill to get something or be trained for somethign with avec..

but the best reply i have ever seen :

I would do it for free. Hell, I would pay to do it. Most people have the "what do I get out of it" attitude. People like you and I do it because we care about mankind and will always be there to help others in a time of need. God Bless you and others like you. You are my hero!!

so mike your one of the few people that understands!!!! btw thanks for all that you do.

I always loved the trick questions... NOT! :lol:

But I'm glad there is another person in this world that is willing to help others people freely. I got to admit with all the work I've put into the Salmon River Rural Fire Dept I sure do deserve a award (which I got not too long ago).

But I'm glad you pushing foreward to get more cert's. I've got a wall full of fire cert's now... And I'm going to get more! :thumbup:

MOBS,

AMEN!!!!! I do SAR here in Elmore County and I do it for free. I am on the High Angle Team. I also go on everything else, but when it comes to the Rope rescue, I have to many damn certs. I do it for free and want to help those in need just like you.

WE ARE ONE OF A KIND BREED THAT DOES NOT NEED PAY TO FEEL GOOD!!!!

Guest Mopar1973Man

AMEN BROTHER! :thumbup:

How about taking 5 days out of your life to haul over to Seattle, WA to drive a new fire truck back to Idaho. No pay and no glory... Just got to do it!