MUDDY

76 DIESEL LAND ROVER 109

http://boise.craigslist.org/cto/2682145342.html

1976 Land Rover 109 DIESEL! IMPOSSIBLE to find! Right hand drive 4x4 - $7700 (Riggins)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-11-02, 4:10PM MDT

Reply to: sale-g3hae-2682145342@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my 1976 Series III Land Rover 109 with a stock normally aspirated DIESEL engine. Diesels are almost impossible to find as people keep them, as they get around 26mpg! This one is out of the East German military, has only 57,000 Kilometers on it, has fairey overdrive and manual locking hubs (another never find item). The rear windows were removed by the military as this was a radio unit. I see the windows on ebay all the time for a couple hundred buck if you want some. I was going to use the large side area for advertising my restaurant, but plans have changed. one of the seats is still in place in the back, the 1st and 2nd row seats are as the 109 came. Currently seats 8 or so. There is almost zero rust on this unit (body is all aluminum), frame is clean, seat boxes are clean, bulkhead is clean etc. The only spot is on the drivers foot well where water sat. it has been covered with diamond plate, but is an EASY fix. Bottom of a couple door frames have a few spots as well. Engine, tranny, od unit all are fine, runs drives great. The steering is a little loose, so that needs to be fixed for long trips. I drive this back and forth to work everyday! All electrical works as well. Has a PTO set up with speed setting unit in place. Tires are all good, as are brakes. These are easy to convert to WVO if you want, as the engine is ALL mechanical and has zero electronics. Don't miss this one, as you may never see another diesel. I can deliver anywhere on the west coast for a fee.

5O15T45U13k23me3l4bb2d14eb5e0a9cd1488.jpg

This would be cool!! I know of a couple in Twin and they are neat! This guy brought them over from England . . . .