petroskie

lope

i just dont get why, it sounds cool like a train taking off then it just sounds broken, one guy said its the way to get an lb7 to smoke like mad kinda like the switch on the lbz and lly

more smoke means higher EGT's...a no brainer for anyone that actually has to pay the repair bills. I just fixed an LLY today that smoked and loped...was a couple times it wouldn't start. Next time ya run into one of'm that likes the lope and smoke, tell'm I'll trade'm the FPR I took off that LLY today for their good one then everyone is happy cause most of the Dmax owners I know don't want their trucks f$cked up. :ok:

I know I dont my driver side hub went out it has all sorts of wobble freaking $180 but i feel ok about it,since this shop my brother works at and he got me a part time job at thank god just got an 04 dmax and it needs head gaskets,injectors,and turbo, boss gave him a quote and this glaze went over his eyes

I like to see how nice I can get it to run.... Not how poorly!! To me the highest possible fuel mileage is usually a sign it is running correctly!

You can do both with EFI. They have smoke and lope tunes, as well as anything else you could imagine. That is the only way I would recommend doing either option. There are a few cheepo tricks out there to get your LB7 to smoke heavy, but I wouldn't do any of them. My signature line has got everything done to mine, and I get all the smoke I could ever want on demand. As far as hubs go, I replaced one at 75K and the other 5K later. I'd be surprised if you don't end up doing and idler/pitman/tie rod's soon too if you haven't already. Just the milestone weak points on the heavy front ended IFS.

does that ppe bost valve make a diff, i found a bunch of the ppe brand on ebay for $20. so you stack ur chips? nope i need all the front end parts they are showing their age, not like i didnt expect it at 150k its the time of nickel and dimeing. also as im sure ya saw im having trans issues as well and i got a water jacket leaking from the pass head so i gotta redo my head gaskets and figure out why the arp studs didnt hold. plus id uncle sam graces me so maybe a bigger turbo

I did notice a little more boost from the valve. I don't remember what it advertises, but I got maybe 5 lb increase. That sucks about the head gasket. You'll have to let me know how that project turns out, mine seems to be eating water somewhere too.

i noticed a bit of water loss at first too, lucky for me my lil brother works at a mechanics shop so i get parts at cost and free shop use so im thank ful for that, but ill try and document it all. book calls for 18hrs for both sides should be lots o fun but very costly