cahammer

fuel pressure kit

ok I have the vulcan fuel pressure kit that you by from genos garage I also have the tapped banjo bolt where can I put this on my 12v so I can occasionally check the fuel pressure

hopefully i can take a look b4 too long. im wantin to be able to chck my fp on the 97. crse i got that primeloc in the way

ok I have the vulcan fuel pressure kit that you by from genos garage I also have the tapped banjo bolt where can I put this on my 12v so I can occasionally check the fuel pressure

Assuming you have a 12mm banjo you can put it on the fuel filter outlet, if its a 14mm you can put it on the injection pump inlet. Then get an 1/8 MP X 04 JIC(AN) fitting and cap, thread that into the tapped banjo bolt for an easy access port and your good to go.

E

If you want to put it on the IP inlet, you willl need to tap your Banjo bolt. I have never seen a tapped banjo bolt for a 12V.

Here what it should look like (with the required needle valve):

25501mvc-016f.jpg

Guest 9812VCTD

Does anybody sell a complete fuel pressure kit for the 12V's?

Justin

I've had one on mine for several years. It uses a Westach gauge coupled with an oil sending unit used on Harley motorcycles. Westach helped me put it together. Its been fairly accurate, but the senders don't hold up. They start to fail after 2 to 6 months. They can't seem to handle the fluctuations. Not the pounding from the spikes so much - I have snubbers for that - but just the constant changes. At $30 or so each, its just not worth it.

I finally pulled it out a few weeks ago.

-Jay

Muddy, all you need to do is pull that IP inlet banjo off, tap it 1/8" NPT, get a few fittings, a needle valve (or pressure snubber), some 1/8" DOT air brake line, some 1/4" DOT air brake line, and a guage....

Guest Mopar1973Man

I'm sure that with a bit of time and effort we can create a fuel system for the 12V trucks. Being some of these trucks are pumping some serious numbers on the rollers and it would help for the power end of it...

197fuelfittingPicture002.jpg

here is the inlet for the banjo fitting under te primloc stuff.looks factory

ineed to use my test guage which has fitting like the ones on a 24v off the vp44

edit; if u can see from myph cam. this crappy monitor i cant see squat

no doc,

was just mentioning and showing that it is still a stock bango inlet to the p7100 with the prime loc.

i want to do what eric suggested to me andget rid of all the restrictions from the prime-loc to the p7100

gonna need a hand removin all that crap where i can see what it needed

Guest Mopar1973Man
Is an isolator necessary on a mechanical fuel pressure gauge?

No not really... I'm plumb straight to the fuel pressure gauge with fuel... Just a needle valve to dampen the pulses... If a leak or failure was to happen you can shut down the fuel with a needle valve...

In time all isolators will fail and allow fuel to the gauge... If you deside to use a isolator just add a needle valve for shutdown purpose...

DSCF0689.JPG