MUDDY

occupy idaho

:td:

What started as a small movement on Wall Street in New York appears to be spreading. Organizers of Occupy Boise say they hope to make a difference on a local level. The Occupy Wall Street protests are going into their third week, as demonstrations spread to cities like Boston, Melbourne, Montreal and Prague. Here in Idaho organizers of Occupy Boise held a organizing rally at a park on Friday. Over 150 people showed up to help during an event this Wednesday. Tom Kershaw, spokesman for OccupyBOI ells the Boise Weekly that the protest is an objection to the overwhelming influence of big business in national and global politics. Wednesday’s event is scheduled to take place at capital park across the street from the Idaho capital building.

I haven't seen or heard of what their reasons are...but I can think of some good reasons of my own for these protests. It seems to me that the repugs would gain significant traction if they weren't blindly, generally defending ALL big business. Throw the f@#$ing big business/banker CRIMINALS under the bus and they'd pick up alot of middle, and democrat americans. Both sides are stereotyping big business/banks when they should be prosecuting the f@#$ers that broke our laws, and supporting those that haven't.

communists. their website. http://www.occupythenation.com/

comments below from another site in response to their list of demands.

Seems a Bit…Communist

John on October 5, 2011 at 1:27 am

I’m not using that word off-handedly as a slur. I mean that the actual content of some of the demands found in their forum, especially the big ticket items in the list, seem redder than Trotsky with a sunburn. For example:

raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Wow! Guess what happens if you raise the minimum wage that high? Millions of the poorest people lose their jobs overnight. That’s day 1, 20% unemployment. Fortunately this Neo-Com has a solution for that:

Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

So millions lose their jobs but keep their $20 an hour. Guess what happens the next day?

Day 2: Millions of people quit to stay home and earn their guaranteed $20 an hour! 40% unemployment, but who cares because:

Free college education.

Now that we can all get paid to not work, why not go back to school? Only problem with this is that some of the professors, administrators, staffers and all of the janitors have quit. Won’t matter though because you can’t get to school anyway:

Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end…I think Obama’s already done that with his ridiculous new CAFE standards.

while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Solyndra’s back in business, baby!

Open borders migration. Anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

I’d like to travel to the upper class suburb where the guy who wrote this lives and move into his bedroom. He’s living on Wall Street so why not occupy his room?

Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.”

For a moment I thought this plan was, well…stupid. But now it’s starting to make sense. No more debt. Know what that means. When you come to pick up your $20 an hour check for not working, the teller smiles and says, “Sorry, our records show we don’t owe you anything.” So long as we do this every week, people will be not working for free and we won’t go broke. Not that we’ll know who is broke and who isn’t:

Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

I suspect he’s sick of those commercials with the singing pirates.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.Yes, it sounds wonderful. Can’t wait for the revolution and the credit-report-free glory that follows.

I’m guessing this kid is 12 or 14 (or maybe I’m just hoping that and he’s really 27). In any case, we all had ideas like this at one time so I’m not picking on him per se. Point is, eventually you grow out of this kind of nonsense, usually after you’ve worked a couple jobs. Based on this example, I’m not sure the occupy wall street folks are there yet.

I wonder how many of them have jobs and how many of them have held jobs for more than, say, 6 months. Would make a great video clip. So, what do you do for a living? [blank stares]

there is more as this plays out. WILL be posted. :think: but for now,,,,they are blocking intersections thru out cities in the US.

boys,,,,,,,,,,,,, if that happens in IDAHO. what do ya do?????? :think:

:bat:

The Mega has the perfect 'front' solution for most blockages!!!

RigoftheMonth3.jpg

And I found this on the internet:

OccupyAmerica.jpg

Just because a corporation is large (or otherwise) doesn't make them evil. It is their policies, actions and the way they treat people that decides that!! (A lot of us won't have jobs and in fact the country won't survive without corporations!!)

I have got to get some of those!!! I think I'm glad I didn't see any of these idiots as I'm not sure the 'adult' would have been able to keep control. Especially if I was driving the Mega!!

(It's just unreal watching this as it goes on in NY and other cities around the country!!)

(Can there be that many loosers in our country!! Oh, wait: I forget; 'who' 'they' voted for, the last time around . . . . Answered that question!)

I have to admit, I have something in common with those protesters...I'd like to see the bullshit legislation overturned that permits business and unions to give political contributions...this crony capitalism has got to stop...it is one of the primary reasons we're in this shithole of a mess we're in.

you have very little in common david. these freaks have an agenda that is far out in left field. they want FREE college education. min wage at 20 bucks per hr. guaranteed wage even if ya dont work or never have worked. free healthcare. take from the rich who have earned it. the list goes on with crazy ideas.

You are right Muddy!!

The only things we 'agree' on are that the corruption, stealing, and all illegal actions have got to stop!!! Every time anyone does something wrong or illegal they should be punished! The corrupt things that have gone unpunished are ruining things and making it hard for the rest of us!

The core and ideals of this particular movement are completely wrong (except where they want what I listed above . . . . But they have forgotten these things and now are on some very bad trends and agendas!!)

you have very little in common david. these freaks have an agenda that is far out in left field. they want FREE college education. min wage at 20 bucks per hr. guaranteed wage even if ya dont work or never have worked. free healthcare. take from the rich who have earned it. the list goes on with crazy ideas.

thats just plain stupidity...whoes f#$%in kids are these anyway...their mommies and daddies need the shit beat out of'm.

thats just plain stupidity...whoes f#$%in kids are these anyway...their mommies and daddies need the shit beat out of'm.

These kids are the offspring from the hippy generation. That should explain the problem enough right there.

Now mind you, I don't care what your views are ..... as long as you can explain them as an intelligent adult. Once you stray from that path, I know who and what you are ..... and now we know what "they" are, don't we?

The sad part is we see the effects of people not using one (or more) of the 14 forms of birth control available on the market today.

-Kris

I wonder if we don't need to rethink abortion!! It does no good and is morally wrong to kill innocent babies. . . . BUT, when they grow up and start acting like this I have to wonder if it wouldn't be better to do it now!! You know, like after 18 years!

I just can't believe that those are the demands of the majority of those protesters...they're so ludicrous that I can't imagine THAT many morons exist. I have no doubt that there are conservatives joining in...hell if I were unemployed and didn't have to have a job to keep the family warm and fed, I'd be there myself. And I don't believe Fox news for a second when they say that all the protesters are left wing obama freaks...they're as bad about cherry pick'n stories and statements as the libs are. Don't get me wrong, I like Fox news...I watch it every day...but I've learned how to sift thru the bullshit too.

I wonder if we don't need to rethink abortion!! It does no good and is morally wrong to kill innocent babies. . . . BUT, when they grow up and start acting like this I have to wonder if it wouldn't be better to do it now!! You know, like after 18 years!

This is my personal view on that topic.

I am neither pro-choice or pro-life. I am pro-abortion, and yes there is a difference so let me explain.

I believe that abortion is a medical procedure, and like all medical procedures should have strict reasons for its use. This does NOT include the "oops I didn't use birth control" reasons. If I had my way, abortion would be used on an extremely limited, case by case basis .... some of those reasons would include a woman becoming pregnant after being raped, or if a woman's life was in danger due to the pregnancy.

There are 13 different methods of birth control in the market today. If you aren't ready to have children then for Pete's sake you need to be using at least one of them, if not more.

-Kris

I just can't believe that those are the demands of the majority of those protesters...they're so ludicrous that I can't imagine THAT many morons exist. I have no doubt that there are conservatives joining in...hell if I were unemployed and didn't have to have a job to keep the family warm and fed, I'd be there myself. And I don't believe Fox news for a second when they say that all the protesters are left wing obama freaks...they're as bad about cherry pick'n stories and statements as the libs are. Don't get me wrong, I like Fox news...I watch it every day...but I've learned how to sift thru the bullshit too.

Since January 2008, I've lived in either a 25 man tent, a wooden box with a tin roof, or a room the size of a jail cell so I could provide for my family. I see them 5 weeks a year. I'm 10 time zones away. If there was an emergency at home, I know I probably wouldn't get there in time since it takes 32 hours of travel time to get from Kuwait to Boise; this doesn't count the 3 or 4 days it takes to get out of Iraq and into Kuwait. I've missed meals and showers due to insurgent activity. I've seen what the rocket/mortar attacks and IED's/EFP's will do. I've been on a convoy that has been hit by an IED.

You wiped your ass with my flag because life was unfair to you.

I hate doing the "us" versus "them" thing but in this case it applies.

-Kris

I have to agree!!! In fact, if you check out the percentages of actual times it is because of rape or because of the life of mother or child being threatened it would shock you!! But like a lot of things we take a very small percentage and make it the main reason or argument and reason why we do what we do!!! Pretty crazy!

I want to find out but I heard from my boy that different people had been busted paying these people to protest at this Occupy 'event'. The whole thing just didn't 'seem' right . . . . . .