yep. i was right there with gary viewin the whole thing. the carter is an old pump but still usable. the raptor is new and works intermitent. when changing the filters to assure that would not be an issue, even though they were new the other day, raptor failed to deliver fuel when the first filter after the pump was removed. stock carter hooked up and brings fuel from the tank instantly, one bump. 7 bumps on the raptor and nothing.

still waiting for kyle @ airdog to return my call...................................

Edited by MUDDY

this raptor is the 2nd raptor pump put on. the other was bad out of the box. got it to work but on the first drive the truck came home on a roll back :wall:

another pump was recieved, the one shown in the video. they are off by one # on the serial number. bad batch of pumps?????????? R13066 for this pump and R13067 for the first. rme# W0000559

we have installed many many raptors and absolutely no problems till now. speaking with others and they have had priming issues with the brand new pumps and have not before. hoping it is an isolated problem with just a small batch.

Edited by MUDDY

spoke with kyle and explained the problems. he is familiar with the previous pump. he thinks he might know the problem we are expieriencing. nothing we can fix here so he is air shipping another out by next day air :ok: thanks to kyle @ airdog. :cheer:

will post more when we find out the specifics.

i want to give special thanks to RIP ROOK @ SOURCE AUTOMOTIVE. http://www.idahoturbodiesels.com/vb/member.php?u=43 rip has gone out of his way to get gary back on the road and worked on getting us the second pump without delay so gary's truck would be operable. procedure on warranty issues is mail the pump back and wait for it to be rebuilt, then sent back. thanks for rushing us another new pump rip, which saved us a couple weeks of time. :ok:

and thanks again to kyle for air mailing the next pump so we can get gary up and running asap. :ok:

that was quick :ok: air freighted in and received this afternoon from indiana. thanks to air dog :ok:

is in and we will see what happens. :coal

also want to thank BIG RED SMOKER for having the patience to take time to do this project, doing things he should not have had to do. dropping the tank multiple times to confirm all was well with the new drawstraw and plumbing. installing 3 raptors, the first one multiple times and taking it apart to fix and taking apart again to confirm. reinstalling the carter several times. and all the sleepless nights and hours spent on this frustrating project. indeed it was enough to make one pull his hair out. [and begin drinking heavy] :cheer:

hopefully 3rd times the charm. time will tell.

3rd raptor is in and so far so good. pump primed on the first cycle of the key and is hold pressure much better. thank you muddy for all the phone call to source automotive and airdog to get the problem resolved.

Wow, what a night mare! Sure is good to hear about them stepping up and making sure to get this solved. After that much trouble it sure makes one doubt whether or not he missed something along the way and that the problem might be something else!

(This just confirms to me that I should plumb my 'after market' lift pump in with a 'T' with the OEM. My bro did that on his truck and all he has to do is flip the toggle switch one way or the other. One pump runs in each position and it is that fast to switch between the two. I like the idea of the backup being available that fast and easy to get you home if you ever have a failure!)