nate

Aux Tank Connection

Hey 2nd gen guys running an aux tank... how do you have it hooked up to the main tank?

There's that aux port... I have heard that the main tank may overflow using that.... yes? no?

I have asked on TDR and no one can give me a straight answer. :-x

I'm trying to save the $75 on the Northern Tools hookup deal if I can.

hey nate what we didon my dads was run a little electronic fuel pump that pluged into the 7 blade adapter in the rear and then ran 3/8" fule hose down through the stake pocket and T'ed in to the main fule neck the rubber hose that goes from the fueler neck to the tank and added a 90* shutoff valve into the 3/8" hose and put an on off switch for the electronic pump did all of this for about $35 pump included hope this gives ya an idea

mine,,,,,,,i got an outlet lowdown on side, gravity feeds thru a spinon filter into a T in the vent hose by filler pipe on main tnk.simple

i also have a feed pipe on top of tnk runnin down t0 within half inch from bottom inside the tank. got elec swith valve on frame [2 in, 1 out] and i can use only from aux tnk if i wish. [big spin on filters after each tank before switch valve] got return fitting on top of tnk.

I think I'm just going to get the Northern Tools setup to keep it safe.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_6970_200315501_200315501?cm_sp=Customer%20driven-_-Recently%20Viewed-_-Search%20Page

As I understand, there's some sort of float valve that allows fuel to flow when the main tank level drops below full and cuts it off when the fuel fills to the top of the fill neck.

No extra pressure on the main with a straight run to it from the aux tank.

nate i checked your link that is about $20 worth of stuff down at your local hardware store and about the same thing that we did in my dads - the pump also read the rateings every one is still useing the 90* shut off valve

There's some kind of check valve in that setup, I've never seen plumbing fittings with such a thing.

What I'm gonna do is order it and I can return it if it's something I can build myself :smokin