Rocketnut

Propane injection

Hey all,

I'm looking at getting a 2001 PSD and, if I do end up getting it, there's a guy selling a bully dog propane injection kit that he had installed on a 97 PSD. This 01 I'm looking at is mostly stock, I'm wondering if I should look into getting this propane kit, or if that would be too much in the future for me. He's got it at a pretty decent price already and I'm thinking I could probably offer him 500 and he'd go for it.

What are you all's ideas?

negative. stay away. say no to drugs. too much to go wrong and you can add enough fuel the right way.

i did try lpg several years ago. added power but i didnt feel at ease with it.

I guess I have felt that with full gauges and only adding a 'reasonable' amount that a guy would do ok. I do think though that the 'systems' out there are over priced too so I guess I'm not sure exactly if I would go for it on not.... A lot of guys who have tried it do say to stay away from it.... This is definitely a hard decision and one that warrants a lot of research and thought!

my system was home made and cheap compared to b-dogs. when i did play with it i did add a 'reasonable' amount nd nothing more. hardly ever hear of folks wanting to try it.

if ya bought it and decided it isnt the way to go, you would have a hard time with re-sale too.

I agree with "No to drugs" on this. There's plenty you can do to improve performance full-time. If you were building a race-truck, then I'd say go for it.

Put the $500 into full-time performance upgrades.

Propane is a waste of money. If you wanna break shit go for it.

X2 Yeah im not a huge fan of injecting stuff in these trucks besides diesel. Unless maybe a well made CNG or watermeth kit. CNG more for mileage and watermeth more for cooling. As far as injecting extra stuff for power it can be dangerous/expensive.

Thanks y'all for the advice, I'm sure you will all be happy that I didn't buy the propane kit. However, I did end up buying a new pickup, not the same as the one I was looking at when I started this thread but I'm still very pleased!

I just got to see his truck last night... I am not sure where you find and buy a 'new' '97 but he has pulled it off! It is a beautiful like new truck!! He has done exceptionally well! I'll bug him to get some pics up.... You all will see what I mean if you get to see it at a meet / event!!

Way to go Ben!! Let the mods begin.... :popcorn:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found