YMMOT

The wife has a diesel now!!!!

2000 VW Beetle TDI. Runs good with just under 90,000 miles on it. Basically cost me $200 out of pocket plus a 3 year/36,000 mile service plan with lifetime oil changes. Oh yeah... and I traded in the F150. Let's see 16 MPG avg from the F150 to 40+MPG out of this little guy.

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0004.jpg

Bully Dog makes a chip for it and I think the wife wants it. :twisted: There are injectors to be had out there too. :twisted:

gonna bring it dyno day i hope :thumbup:

Funny you should say that... the wife actually commented on the idea.

Dang, Now we have to add VW to the logo somewhere. :lol:

yep,,,,,,bttr get the vw logo added.

oh crap,,,,,,,,,,,another trip to allied for more stickers :)

i need to modify the 150+ to a 150 -. :lol:

Let's see 90HP crank... FWD typically loses about 10%. so about 80 WHP. Now add a 25 HP chip and she breaks 100WHP. With somwhere near 170 WTQ. Bet that would be fun to drive in that light little car.

lets also not forget about the turbo upgrade is that twins I hear lol the wife was gonna get a vw jetta tdi but then she found her truck is the beetle a stick or auto I think you can also buy different race clutches and stall converters for it also I think you can get a locker for the fwd oh the money you can spend also is it a 1.9 or a 2.0 but this thread is worthless without pics.

Guest 9812VCTD

You wasn't kidding the other night in chat when you guys said you were going to do it!:lol: Nice looking car and diesel to boot!:thumbup:

Justin

lets also not forget about the turbo upgrade is that twins I hear lol the wife was gonna get a vw jetta tdi but then she found her truck is the beetle a stick or auto I think you can also buy different race clutches and stall converters for it also I think you can get a locker for the fwd oh the money you can spend also is it a 1.9 or a 2.0 but this thread is worthless without pics.

Wothless without pics? Did you miss the pics in the first post??

It's a manual trans. I don't think we will be going crazy with it. Bully Dog or the Van Aaken module will be about it. (I'll be damned if we spend more to upgrade her diesel than mine.)

Wothless without pics? Did you miss the pics in the first post??

sorry bout that the pics didnt show up on my cell phone web browser good looking bug

Just remember...

Loud Pipes Save Lives

I'm not sure how that applies to my push lawn mower which has a stack and flapper on it though :lol:

Guest Mopar1973Man

Wow! Nice deal Tommy!

I hope the Wife gets the bomb ug as bad as us... Well maybe not... Then she'll argue over who going to get the next upgrade (BOMB) first and who's is cheaper! :lol:

I guess it a double edge sword...:shock:

Guest MoparsMaiden
Wow! Nice deal Tommy!

I hope the Wife gets the bomb ug as bad as us... Well maybe not... Then she'll argue over who going to get the next upgrade (BOMB) first and who's is cheaper! :lol:

I guess it a double edge sword...:shock:

Hey now!! A little competition is a good thing!!! :thumbup:

Now that the wife has a diesel it is something her and Tommy have in common plus its something they can do together!! :-) Team work at its best!! Right???

Besides... how can you forget... :lol: All if fair in love and war!!! :lol:

Guest Mopar1973Man
Hey now!! A little competition is a good thing!!! :thumbup:

All if fair in love and war!!! :lol:

Oh really... VW with about 80-100 RWHP against a Ford Diesel with about 350 RWHP??? :roll: Yeah Right! :lol:

But she is right it could be a wonderful team work if done correctly...8-):thumbup:

Hmmmm I found injectors for $295.

Stock looks like about 81 WHP. Injectors with nothing else would be good for 98WHP. Throw a $500 25HP chip in the mix and it could be up to about 120WHP with about $800 into the car.

Got the opportunity to drive behind it today. Right brake light is out I'll have to look at that. Also, just a hint of Oil smoke. :( I'll have to watch the oil consumption on it.