bbbadboy

guess I'm eat'n crow

Ok guys, go ahead, start the gouge'n...lol, I've been braggin bout how little my truck has needed over the years...now its bite'n me in the arss. Last weekend tore apart the top end to find a ticking...found my head gasket leaking coolant externally and unmatched injector lines...fast forward to today...filled the truck up with diesel ($120), start it up, I hear a loud bang followed by an abnoxious ticking from the clutch...damit...was tryin to save up to replace the engine and a clutch replace was not in the immediate budget or schedule...so go ahead, start gouge'n...I got it come'n :wall:

woulda been nice if it had waited to go til I was at work in boise...then at least I'd have a lift to do it on....not lookin forward to doin it in my dam driveway for sure.

I don't think you will find any gougen here..... That sucks! Sorry to hear!!

But, hang in there! You will get it! It just makes us feel more normal now that you are out in your driveway also . . . . .

Yeah, and I really hate it when you have the tools and it still kicks your fanny for a very long time going back together!!!! I broke my mug putting my boy's PowerStroke back down in it's happy hole (I guess I was getting violent with the engine and shook the mug off the top of the cab. When it hit the concrete some of the plastic broke out of the bottom corner. I said: 'What was that?' and he said: 'I think that was your mug' . . . . He was underneath trying to persuade the transmission back into the clutch. Then after all of that it just went together almost all on it's own . . . . . Weird!! Kind of like this darn car I'm trying to diagnose right now!

Man I feeling your pain. The same thing happened with me and my '06 while I was home .....

Brakes were glazed and the dealer said it was fine.

Blend door was busted and the dealer said it was fine.

Front end would wander a bit on the highway and the dealer said it was fine.

Guess the dealer I was taking my trucks to were waiting on the warranties to expire before doing the work. Notice I said "was" and they will remain nameless.

I ended up driving it to Mountain Home so the dealer could look at it out there. They fixed the brakes which was the only thing I think I paid for, then they replaced the TIPM and A/C control module under warranty because the TIPM died and took out that module. The wandering issues we took the truck in for 3 times ended up being the steering gear box which ironically was on the brink of failing.

That truck has been rock solid ..... then all of a sudden BANG! I'm just glad I found a decent service manager.

-Kris

good deal, glad ya got it under warranty...your experience is just one of the many reasons they're referred to as "stealerships". On another note, I got my clutch in and finished sunday, drove it monday and noticed the tranny is howlin mad...guess its time to get serious bout acquiring an nv 4500....I'm tempted to offer up one of my other vehicles in trade for one.

a GM nv4500. :think: we have a good member who has one laying around......

if'n ya had that you get get that cummins off CL then have a 'REAL' truck :poke:

a GM nv4500. :think: we have a good member who has one laying around......

if'n ya had that you get get that cummins off CL then have a 'REAL' truck :poke:

no way I could afford to get both right now...besides, I'd only consider put'n a cummins in my 1 ton and untill ole red is back to parr, the 1 ton will continue sit'n. ( | )

I'm definately interested...I just don't know if I can sell my soul for enough to buy it....with recent emergencies, I've been almost completely reduced to the barter system. :wall: