Dangle

Changed the fuel filter today...what a POS.

I would like to catch the little pecker that engineered the fuel filter assembly. The assembly is too close to the injector harness to get a strap wrench on it. I will be spacing it out with a 3/16 spacer before next time. The wires for the water in fuel light could be a couple inches longer. I need to put a 2 micron filter inline so i only have to cahange that POS once a year or so.:-x

Guest 9812VCTD

I thought the one on my 12V was bad, I don't feel so bad now.:lol: It does make you wonder what is going through there head when they design parts, especially common accessed ones in such hard places?:nono:

Justin

Yeah I was reading one of the diesel mags the other day and it looked like an afternoon project to change that filter. They even pulled pass. wheel and well liner out to get to it :shock:

Guest Mopar1973Man

Maybe you'll reconsider buying a Cummins next time...:lol:

But I know what your talking about. The one on the 6.5L is kinda in a bad spot and dumb designed... But sounds like yours is much worse to play with...:shock:

Shoot, come over and do mine if you want to whine:lol:

My down pipe needs to be removed along with inner fender liner, but it's worth it for me.

Have any of u changed a fuel filter on a VE pumped CTD???? i would say that is the easiesr bar far of any ive seen. nice easy access and takes bout 10 min to do both.

post-149-145494287864_thumb.jpg

Guest Mopar1973Man

I still think that 2nd Gen are easy as hell to change 1 socket 1 1/8" and spin the lid off and the filter comes out in the lid. Snap a new filter in and screw in back in.

There is the extra step of draining the housing. But that's still simple...:thumbup:

Shoot, come over and do mine if you want to whine:lol:

My down pipe needs to be removed along with inner fender liner, but it's worth it for me.

No thanks Rob, that don't even sound like fun.