happypunch

Hi there

My name is Justin and I'm fairly new to the diesel world. Boise has been a great place to live and my wife and her massive family (massive as in many many people not fat lol) are from here.

We got a nice custom rusted '87 Suburban with the mighty 6.2 last year for free since it wasnt running and had been parked for years. We've done all the work ourselves so far and have it running pretty well. so far I love my baby diesel!

I am well aware that its an enviable engine, so please try to restrain your jealousy! my father in law and I now have something to talk about since he's had 6.2's in the past and currently has a powerstroke. rest of the family have cummins and a duramax, so i guess that makes me the runt of the family. :lol:

About my truck i can honestly say that I'm obsessed with it, love it and couldnt imagine not having it! its paid off! its cheap and easy to repair! and I've never gotten a speeding ticket in it!! :lmao2:

:welcome: I'll tell you what I tell the powerstroke,cummins, and duramax owners....lb for lb, dollar for dollar, their trucks won't do what mine will...period :nana:

You got a custom-rust packaged '87 Suburban? FREE!? I'm so jealous. Don't leave your keys on the table at the dinner meet, they might come up missing.

Welcome to the club.

:lmao2::lmao: Now that is funny!!

Welcome!! You should fit right in around here with an attitude like that!!

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty excited about my truck. always upgrading things (cause stuffs always breaking, but i try to look at it positively). for example, last week the ignition lock cylinder decided it wanted to retire, and instead of forking out $15 for a new one and a bunch of tear down time, the wife and i decided to upgrade to a fancy TILT steering column. picked one up at TNT for $75 with keys and put it in today! now we enjoy a working ignition, tilt steering and a dimmer switch that actually works (old one constantly had brights on so had to unplug them...) and a new turn signal switch since the old one had a problem of only showing rear brake light when the turn signal was on.

swap wasn't as straight forward as I would have liked, but now we are sitting pretty in a sleek truck with modern comforts. total resell value increase=$1!! :yes:

can't wait to embarass myself-i mean show up everyone on the next dyno day, lol.

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty excited about my truck. always upgrading things (cause stuffs always breaking, but i try to look at it positively). for example, last week the ignition lock cylinder decided it wanted to retire, and instead of forking out $15 for a new one and a bunch of tear down time, the wife and i decided to upgrade to a fancy TILT steering column. picked one up at TNT for $75 with keys and put it in today! now we enjoy a working ignition, tilt steering and a dimmer switch that actually works (old one constantly had brights on so had to unplug them...) and a new turn signal switch since the old one had a problem of only showing rear brake light when the turn signal was on.

swap wasn't as straight forward as I would have liked, but now we are sitting pretty in a sleek truck with modern comforts. total resell value increase=$1!! :yes:

can't wait to embarass myself-i mean show up everyone on the next dyno day, lol.

heck yes :cheer:

post-4-145494311508_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494311514_thumb.jpg

LOL, maybe we should keep track of the lowest numbers and see who wins that category. . . . (I'm thinking a certain 'Vette would hold that title pretty much hands down for the foreseeable future. . . . . . )

LOL, maybe we should keep track of the lowest numbers and see who wins that category. . . . (I'm thinking a certain 'Vette would hold that title pretty much hands down for the foreseeable future. . . . . . )

:lol: roger that........ 40 rwhp 60 rwtq :lmao::isuzu:

post-4-145494311554_thumb.jpg

post-4-14549431156_thumb.jpg

post-4-145494311569_thumb.jpg

Edited by MUDDY

hey guys. new to the club. 78chummins introduced me to it. known him for a while (unfortunately lol). anyways, im kinda with you guys when it comes to doing your own work on your trucks. mine is a 98.5 dodge ram 2500, running a 2000 high output 24 valve cummins w/98.5 wiring harness. i put it in last spring. had some issues with the motor that came with it. just recently replaced the transmission by hand and no lifting tools. im running an edge performance chip that adds 140 horses and up to 350 ft/lb torque. stock engine and turbo. exhaust pipe necks out to 4 inches behind the turbo, follows the frame back and elbows up into an exhaust box and out two 4" stacks. its sittin on 33" toyos and hauls ass. i love my truck. maybe ill join you guys someday at a meet.

Welcome to the club. Attending a meeting is a great way to get involved and find out what's going on in the club. Plus, you get to meet the other members. The food isn't bad, either.

hey guys. new to the club. 78chummins introduced me to it. known him for a while (unfortunately lol). anyways, im kinda with you guys when it comes to doing your own work on your trucks. mine is a 98.5 dodge ram 2500, running a 2000 high output 24 valve cummins w/98.5 wiring harness. i put it in last spring. had some issues with the motor that came with it. just recently replaced the transmission by hand and no lifting tools. im running an edge performance chip that adds 140 horses and up to 350 ft/lb torque. stock engine and turbo. exhaust pipe necks out to 4 inches behind the turbo, follows the frame back and elbows up into an exhaust box and out two 4" stacks. its sittin on 33" toyos and hauls ass. i love my truck. maybe ill join you guys someday at a meet.

glad to have ya in the club :cheer:

look fwd to visiting at a meet. :cummins:

:coal