millco

I Might Be Needing A Job!!

I might be added to the list of those who are looking for a job. Seems they are closing our little office (Well, officially they say they are studying it for feasibility and money savings) and so I would have to move to where they say. I don't know if it would be the Boise area or not. I am guessing it could be almost anywhere.

It turns out I should have taken that diesel mechanic job with Launie!! I didn't know they were going to do this. If any of you know of other good jobs, let me know please. It would be good to stay in the area. Or so I thought. . . . . :laugh:

I'm in that boat...I don't know how many jobs I've applied for....been many. But I'm tryin to stay away from goin back to line mechanicing too. I've applied for several fed, state, and city jobs that I was very well suited for experience wise...but I think I have the wrong skin color to have a chance at those....even with veteran preference points.

Hmmm...... Well, this kind of does suck then doesn't it......

Hopefully it will all work out.

Thanks for the good wishes and heads up. We will just have to look out for each other on this!! I'll be sure to let you all know if I hear of anything too!

Feel for you guys. I have been there done that too. My co. closed its doors in spring of 09, luckily my former boss and few other guys from the previous co started a new one. It was very rocky the first year, but is getting better and better if you can say that about the LBR industry. And going from salary to straight commish is extremely tough. That and my wife was not working, took her 1-1/2 to find a new job, but I will say the wait was worth it now looking back as she got an incredible job.

Wish you all the best in finding new work soon.

Thanks you all! It is true that if a guy keeps trying something will come through. That is all a guy can do too!!

I have 2 temp positions open right now for 6 months due to mobilization for mechanics but you have to be in the Army Reserves to fill it. If this works let me know

That Sucks Dan. I've been throught it too. Been a really ruff last couple of years. Found a good job and now I am back on stable ground. I will keep my ears open...

I have 2 temp positions open right now for 6 months due to mobilization for mechanics but you have to be in the Army Reserves to fill it. If this works let me know

grrr, military won't take me cause of my heart....don't suppose theres a way round the have'n to be in the reserves is there...

If you're a vet, see if Ray Cotton is still working at the Employment Office in Mtn. Home ..... he's really good about making sure the vets get job info e-mailed to them.

-Kris

Thanks for the tip!! Will do! That is great!

I don't know what to do. They seem to be trying to come up with crap to feed us at work. For the most part I'm not buying most of it. It sure is frustrating though! Why would you not try to take good care of your people!! Don't get me wrong; I know who I work for. But still you keep hoping!

I may go see about BlackWater. At least I would be able to 'blow off some steam' while at work!! At least I would be asked to bring certain 'tools' with me to work instead of constantly being reminded I work for an employer like KMart (Who is afraid of those 'tools' at work). I would have to work on my long range shots though; I out of practice for sure!

OK, here is how it works: (Ray is still at the Mtn Home Employment Office!!)

Go to:

http://labor.idaho.gov/iw/

And register for work with the ID Department of Labor. Then shoot Ray an email ( ray.cotton@labor.id.gov ) asking to get on the Vets Job List with him. He specified making sure you fill out your veteran information when you register.

Here goes! (Thanks for the lead Kris!!)

crossing fingers he is still there when I move back in 3 years. would like to find something in the valley county area

crossing fingers he is still there when I move back in 3 years. would like to find something in the valley county area

That shouldn't be a problem, they "take care" of the vets by getting them the list of jobs either the day before they are published or the evening prior to going public.

-Kris

I've been talkin to Dave Howerton in Caldwell. He seems to be on the ball as well...this is the first vet rep I've dealt with that actually got involved. lol, the man is flooding my email with lists every day. Most of what he is sending me I never see on the regular listings...I almost feel..."special" :lmao:

I've been talkin to Dave Howerton in Caldwell. He seems to be on the ball as well...this is the first vet rep I've dealt with that actually got involved. lol, the man is flooding my email with lists every day. Most of what he is sending me I never see on the regular listings...I almost feel..."special" :lmao:

That's exactly what I was talking about.

Membership has its priviledges.

-Kris

This is awesome!!! Thanks again Kris!!! These kinds of things really help! (We are more sure everyday we are going to be tossed out of here on our ears . . . . :wall: