mechelement

ATTN: "My Truck Gets 20mpg+" Turds

i was getting 14 to 15 with the camper and trailer. between 17k and 18k depending on load. driving like a white man so to speak. last time 11.8. dang ol wind. dont ever remember getting that bad. depresssing at the fuel stop. :wall:

cept for the scenery i saw there :D:bouncy:

9-11 MPG with my 30' Jayco Eagle... But I've always been unlucky and hauling in poor weather and wind...

20-22 MPG empty... Just seen a high mark of 23.4 last go around...

As for hand math it always off because the stock speedometer is off by exactly 1/2 MPH so by the end of the tank the odometer is by about 20-30 miles. This could change the MPG number by about .2 or .3 MPG lower. Which in the ScanGauge I've already calibrated for the offset of speed and fuel.

My Scangauge is closer to the mark than the hand math...

24 to 26 MPG in my first gen empty. It is not really empty as it is hauling my big fat ass and my big fat beer belly.

Like this one sitting in my yard...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3562&stc=1&d=1302808634

No I didn't buy... But its got a new owner now...:rockin:

post-5354-145494308548_thumb.jpg

Although these prices suck total ******* ass and I pray they go down soon, which they will. But it's only costing me an additional $50-75 a month, which sucks cause it takes away from my booze and hunting money, but is what it is. I always laugh at these people that take their V8's in when fuel goes way up to trade off or sell that rig, take a beating and then buy a more fuel efficient car. Do they not do the math? You still have to make a payment, still have to insure it. I can buy a lot of fuel for that. Granted my truck is paid for so it absolutely makes no sense for me and I have to have a truck.

Or these Jimmy jack asses that sit there and bitch about fuel prices while they are chugging down a $1.89 pint of bottled water.

I am more pissed about Obama tax increases than anything. How about we take care of our problems here first instead of spending billions of $$ a day on running to the aid of all these other countries. Where are they when Katrina and other natural disasters happen to us. Ok, I am foaming at the mouth I can't type anymore or I am going to say some things I shouldn't. :rant:

Quite awhile ago, I gave up calculating MPG because I can't afford to fill one tank, let alone both tanks. I throw $20 in her and hope it'll last until I can afford to put in another $20.

Quite awhile ago, I gave up calculating MPG because I can't afford to fill one tank, let alone both tanks. I throw $20 in her and hope it'll last until I can afford to put in another $20.

That's why I got the ScanGauge II once it calibrated you know what you on the fly MPG's are and can adjust you driving habits to get the number you wish...

For me as long as I cross the 20 MPG line I'm happy.

Although these prices suck total ******* ass and I pray they go down soon, which they will. But it's only costing me an additional $50-75 a month, which sucks cause it takes away from my booze and hunting money, but is what it is. I always laugh at these people that take their V8's in when fuel goes way up to trade off or sell that rig, take a beating and then buy a more fuel efficient car. Do they not do the math? You still have to make a payment, still have to insure it. I can buy a lot of fuel for that. Granted my truck is paid for so it absolutely makes no sense for me and I have to have a truck.

Or these Jimmy jack asses that sit there and bitch about fuel prices while they are chugging down a $1.89 pint of bottled water.

I am more pissed about Obama tax increases than anything. How about we take care of our problems here first instead of spending billions of $$ a day on running to the aid of all these other countries. Where are they when Katrina and other natural disasters happen to us. Ok, I am foaming at the mouth I can't type anymore or I am going to say some things I shouldn't. :rant:

Can I get a amen?:cool:

:lmao:

I get a little overzealous sometimes about that, won't change anything better off exhausting my energies elsewhere. Just pisses me off to no end. :death:

On a good note it looks like we will be able to have a wolf tag in our pocket this fall thanks to the bill passing :rockin::rockin::yes::train::train: So that has given me a lift!

It is just a sad state of affairs of what our spineless leaders have done to this great country. It is still is the best, but the Roosevelt/Truman/Reagan days seem to over. Shit even Clinton was a pretty good prez, minus the fact that he is a major reason we are in the housing crisis with his thought that everyone should own a home and the things he force fed lenders. I am not politically savy nor claim to know a lot about politics, but you don't have to be very smart to figure what is really happening. THAT is the reason we are in this situation the majority don't understand what is happening or why it happened. Just think these are the voters we can thank. Amazes me that people are this dumb. :puke:

BUT, the thing that really chaps my hide is how our service people are treated when they return from duty. Just disgusts me. They sacrifice everything just to come home to no job and no assistance from the ones that sent them on some these witch hunts.

Maybe I am the crazy one, this was about MPG and here I am talking about wolves, presidents and morons. Back on track, sorry for the run into the ditch over the cow and thru some farmers fence rhetoric.

I personally don't keep track of my MPG, I should but I don't. Lets hope fuel goes down soon as it is also costing me money in my line of work that is heavily dependent on the trucking industry (shipping loads of LBR around the country).

Maybe I am the crazy one, this was about MPG and here I am talking about wolves, presidents and morons. Back on track, sorry for the run into the ditch over the cow and thru some farmers fence rhetoric.

I personally don't keep track of my MPG, I should but I don't. Lets hope fuel goes down soon as it is also costing me money in my line of work that is heavily dependent on the trucking industry (shipping loads of LBR around the country).

You don't want to look then...:blush:

Yeah I need to update my logs being I'm at 183K miles.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3566&stc=1&d=1302877404

post-5354-145494308576_thumb.jpg

Notebook is a bit wore out but write it down everytime...:ok:

attachment.php?attachmentid=3570&stc=1&d=1302901910

Then my ScanGauge just tells me if I'm doing it right...

Tmg = Total MPG for the Tank

Cmg = Today's MPGs

MPG = MPG for the very second

fWT = Coolant Temp

attachment.php?attachmentid=3571&stc=1&d=1302902087

Sad part is after I took that pic and start heading home bucking winds and climbing back into New Meadows valley I lost all that down to 19.2 MPG... Argh... I can't wait for warmer summer weather and less winds...

post-5354-145494308594_thumb.jpg

post-5354-145494308605_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I've been getting 13 to 14 . . . . . EMPTY. Sadly this is accurate. . . . :wall:

Fuel prices as they are...I'm get'n a little more serious bout put'n a tranny with OD in it. Gonna have to go NV4500 shopping.

And still sadder, it seems there are very little available around the country. If you find one with transfer case, grab it for me!!

Oh: Not to worry about the side trails on this thread! It seems to be connected and all of you statements are true! Kind of maddening!!