starter_kit

What are you guys runnin'

Well loyal Ford owners, it has been pretty quiet here for a couple of days so I thought I would post a question for you:

what mods are you running and what is your overall opinion of the seat of the pants value verses the cost.

I'm running a Quadzilla Xzillaraider 160 in my truck. Everything else on the truck is bone stock. The truck laid down a 399HP/740lbs-ft back at the May dyno this year.

I got in cheap as I was a beta tester. Got it for about 1/2 the going rate of a 160 Box from Quad.

How does it feel? Feels GREAT to ocassionally Stomp a mustang GT :twisted:

If you want to see how it performs here are a couple links to some videos I took.

448411fd-94b3-4974-9990-986900cef8bc.jpg0 to 80 with a 0PSI launch 354e634b-c787-4ee9-8ec8-986900c96cc5.jpg45 to 90 run

Bone stock as in OEM filter, intake, and exhaust.

There are some changes I'd like to do, but I am waiting a little bit because what i have planned would COMPLETELY void my warranty and I have another almost 50,000 miles on it.

Only thing not stock is the gauges and the Quadzilla box.

Not anymore. The ICP Sensor freaks out now and then. It goes out after a few drive cycles.

Just go look at the Dyno Day thread and you'll see a nice picture of my Ford in front of a broken down 24Valve :twisted:

BTW, How's your Transmission? ( | )

ACs, dual HPOPs, van turbo, DIY intake, 4" turbo back exhaust, and some programing from DP-Tuner. SOTP vs cost, the chip is definately top of the list. The twin pumps were a nice addition also but they aren't cheap. The van turbo was cheap and it was nice addition also.

I've got a lot more money in upgrades than Tom does and I'm still 11 HP behind. I might get ahold of a set of B-codes one of these days though and start breaking some stuff. :wink:

hows the 7.3 e series van turbo compare w/ the 7.3 f series pu turbo????????

may cost more to power up the 7.3 but a lot of 6.0 owners are envious

As far as I know the E series vans were not intercooled, and the exhaust side of the turbo has a larger outlet, and also some or all of the van turbos did not have a exhaust back pressure valve (ebpv). So for those that choose to remove or "gut" their ebpv, the van pedistal does not have the solinoid built into it like the f series do.

These may or may not be all of the differences between them, but thats all I can think of right now.

I've got a lot more money in upgrades than Tom does and I'm still 11 HP behind. I might get ahold of a set of B-codes one of these days though and start breaking some stuff. :wink:

I myself have spent quite a bit on upgrades, and I'm not even close to 399 HP! Oh well, I still wouldn't trade it for anything else. :thumbup:

The van turbo has a 1.15 A/R non-wastegated housing as compared to the stock .84 wastegated housing on the 99+ trucks. The turbine trim is different also but I don't remember what it is. The compressors are the same on both turbos.

The vans did come with EBPVs but they are different than pickup version and won't attach to a pickup downpipe without some modification. I've got the DI adapter on mine that fits the pickup downpipe and eliminates the EBPV section. I've got a "wicked wheel" in my turbo also, so essentially I am running the same turbo as a stock 94-97 PSD.

Sometimes I wish I would have gotten the 7.3. Sounds like a lot more fun to get the power out of them.

Balin,

You say that you spent more to get within 11HP of what my truck puts down. I bet not. My mod was $250, but the damn truck was a lot of $$$. People forget to add in the initial cost of the first mod, buying the truck. :lol:

Tom, I did think about that but I didn't want to bring up what you paid for your truck(some people are sensitive about that :) ). I got a very, very good deal on my truck also. New truck sales were really slow and mine had been on the lot for a long time.

Tom, I did think about that but I didn't want to bring up what you paid for your truck(some people are sensitive about that :) ). I got a very, very good deal on my truck also. New truck sales were really slow and mine had been on the lot for a long time.

I'm not sensitive. Ask steve he abuses me regularly. :lol: I just roll with the punches. Makes life a lot easier to take.

I'm tempted Steve. I have to wait a little and see how my work situation turns out. I'm a little worried I'll have to start my own scoreboard too!

Block 1

Balin 0

:x :(

I've got a spare motor too, it just happens to have PMRs in it currently. Have you still got a complete motor?

I've heard some negative feedback about fordcummins but there are others out there that make the parts I need. :D

I've already studied this and if she blows I might have to put some Cummins badges on the fenders. :wink:

Guest 9812VCTD

Thank you starter_kit my oldest boy is really mad at me still for getting rid of it. It was a great truck. I was running some Baby Swamps in it they were great injectors. Also the stacks were some that Sea01Cummer, Stevo built for his Ford when he sold it to his Bro I traded him my 5" over the axle for the stacks. I really liked the stacks on that truck.

Justin

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found