RAMNYOU

Tires...

Hi Folks,

I am fixin to buy some new tires for my truck within the next 2 weeks or so. I thought I would try to get some ideas of what ya'll prefer on your rigs. As I mentioned I am moving to Bonners Ferry, Idaho so often times I will be drivin' in winter wonderlands :)

I have always gone with thinner / taller tires for the snow.

i ran BF mud terrains for years and had great luck with them, almost on my third set of 37" toyo mt's havin good luck with these also.

Guest 9812VCTD

I ran the B.F.G. A/T's and it was a good tire then I bought a Trail Cutter Radial R/T from a local tire guy and they were great tires not sure if everyone sells them?

Justin

Well I have always had BF A/T (I am always able to get many miles out them) & with the slushy stuff I was drivin on this winter up at my work I have to say I am no longer a fan. But I have a friend who owns a tire store I am going to call & ask him about the Toyos... thanks for your input everyone :)

Oh what about size??? As my Laramie comes with wider tires than the other models... my old ranch truck has taller thinner tires & seems to do much better in the snow ... what's ya'lls thoughts on this? Also do you know how much taller I can go without having to reprogram the computer?

I am running Toyo Open Country A/T and am every satified with them. I have not had a problem with cupping or wear issues, they wear better than any tire that I have had. BF A/T are good if you keep up on the maintainance or else they will start to cup. I would also stay with the stock tire height since they will give just alittle bit better milage and with the cost of fuel rising every bit will help.

Guest ShanesLB7

I will never own a set of bfg's again.. I hate them too soft... Look into the 285's

Shane

I'm runnin the 35" Toyo MT's. ive only had them a couple months but did notice a positive difference in the last snowfall we had. I'm happy with them! Relatively quiet at highway speeds, little/no rubbing, etc.

They were spendy...300+ a tire. (The exact amount escapes me) But...worth it as far as I'm concerned.

I paid $1,200.00 installed @ Schwabs. One thing that annoyed me but I didn't even notice until I washed my truck the other day... was they put the weights on the outide of my rim???? I would think they wouldn't have done that unless it was absolutely necessary. The were gonna hook me up with the chrome factory rims that someone had come in with to get some custom rims... under 100 miles on them but one of them were odd sized... it was weird.

Guest 9812VCTD

That is wierd they did not static balance your wheels it drives me nuts to see a weight on the outside of a wheel.:-?

Justin

BigCassCummins,

You were able to get 35's under yours without any lift? I thought 33 was as big as a guy could go.....

How wide are your 35's?

Toyo MT's is what I'll get when the truck gets new tires. I do have some les schuab(sp?) mud terrain SXT's on my ford, and then run on the street real nice, and are good offroad too. I really like the mud terrain sxt's.

I like 285's on these trucks, great width for the weight, for snow, ice, etc...

So in a 285 you will find 2 tires in a Load Range "E" Toyo AT and Nitto Terra Grapplers... Of the two I would run the Toyo's, wait I do run the toyos... :D

They also carry a 50K warranty, not a bad thing for a 7K pound diesel....

BFG M/T are a great choice. Long lasting and the cost is reasonable. When I lived in Alaska, lots of folks ran the BFG A/T as their winter tires. I have never run them, but I was always told they are great in the snow, slush and ice.

Also the BFG M/T siped works pretty good on ice too.

I have about 35,000 miles on my M/Ts and they are probably about 50% tread. Not bad at all. The tires they replaced were Goodyear MT/Rs and they were almost bald at 30,000 miles to give you an idea.

The Toyo Open Country M/T is another good choice. Load range "E" too. They used to be a decent price a few years ago, but they have gone way up.

You can fit a 35" (315/75/16 or 35/12.5/17) should fit on a 3rd Gen with no lift. The couple trucks I worked on all did. Could always throw in a leveling kit (2" front lift) if they rub a little.

On my 05 I had 315/70/17's with just a level kit and they only rubbed when I turned really sharp. With my 35/12.5/20 Toyo M/Ts I had to put the 4 1/2 inch lift to make them work.

Guest ShanesLB7

I had 315's on my mega at first with no leveling kit and no rubbing except at full lock on the control arm.. It's all about the correct back spacing...:thumbup:

I will never own a set of bfg mud terrain's again... Can't handle the weight of these trucks and I had the infamous death wobble.. scared the chit out of me...

You guys can keep your toyo's les scwab has brain washed all of you. The new bf's on the third gen don't handle the weight correctly not heavy enough sidewall==death wabble-- i like the procomps i have, other than i won't go as wide next time--30,000 miles and about 50% tread, about the same price as junko--oops i mean toyo's though--hahaha

Guest ShanesLB7

well considering my 37" toyo's had just over 50 k on them when I sold my 05 and probably had atleast 10 k on life left on them.. That's pretty good.. I have had swampers and pro comp's both of them barely made it to 20k and had bad cupping... So I guess I will take my toyo's....:thumbup: