Guest 9812VCTD

92 Tranny question?

Guest 9812VCTD

I have an opportunity to pick up a 92 250 Reg cab 4wd. The truck is in fair bad shape it has a nice flatbed and the motor runs great. The problem is the tranny is destroyed, what kind of tranny do these truck have in them? Is there any options for different auto's? Also wonder what a guy could score a tranny from a junkyard for? Also anybody have any body panels laying around?

Justin

Core 518s are hard to come by, is it impossible to rebuild the one in it? I have some body parts, what do you need? Trade you a regular bed for that flat bed!

Ken

Guest 9812VCTD

I'm sure the one in it is rebuildable it isn't a 727 torquflite tranny is it? If I decide to get it I may take you up on trading the flatbed for the regular box and get some panels I need more info on this tranny and see how much I'll be into this thing. If I go down there again I'll get some pics.

Justin

Core 518s are hard to come by, is it impossible to rebuild the one in it? I have some body parts, what do you need? Trade you a regular bed for that flat bed!

Ken

hey ken im needing a drivers side door, do you have one?

Justin

That trans is a 727 with an OD unit on the tailshaft. Maybe the PO just doesnt want to spend the money to repair, its possible that it isnt all that bad.

Brian

Got an 85 parting right now, does have doors with no power options. I will double check but I think I saw a drivers door at wrecking yard over here. Also have a couple of tow truck operators who look out for me with parts trucks.

Ken

Guest 9812VCTD
Did you ever pick up this truck Justin? Or wait JUSTIN!

LOL.......No I should of he let it go for 1500.00......:-?

Justin