dodgeracerss

tranny ?

The 6.2l should have turbo 400 trannys which was one of the toughest trannys they biult back in the day. The other possibility could be a turbo 350 but i doubt it. Late in the 80's the used a 700r4 which was a piece o crap. The early 90's they went to the 4l80e which was pretty stout, my 6.5l had this one.

the 700R4 isn't a bad tranny if you do the updates to it and shiftkit it. 4L80e also

had problems due to seal rings on the main shaft which causes direct clutch to fry.

ya im getting my tranny serviced and well see if i can keep it but if not the boss will put one in lol and ill have him pay for it $$$ $$$ $$$

My '84 has the 700 in it. It was rebuilt before I got it and it works "ok", but not to my liking. They definately need the updates, they work so much better after the updates its like having a different tranny. Good luck

Yup, 700's work the best with the old 6.2's!!

I wouldn't use a 400 or 350 for anything that hits the road, unless you are constantly hauling way heavy loads. I have built 700's that regularly haul 15,000 to 18,000 lbs behind built small blocks.