millco

Rocket Launch Sat. Oct 23, 2010

Hey everyone, just a quick note to let you know about the Tripoli of Idaho model rocketry launch day this Sat. 23 Oct, 2010. It will be out at Swan Falls (So. of Kuna). Starts at 10 AM and goes until they are out of fuel. Usually around 3 PM. We are going to run up there and watch! My boy, Rocketnut, is doing a 'qualifying' launch so he can use bigger engines!

Check out www.tripoliidaho.org for more info!

If anyone wants, I can post a link to a few of my youtube videos of some rocket fun we have had in the past.

Dan

Oh yeah! I don't know what ages your boys are; but, if they are about high school age they need to check out TARC (Team America Rocketry Challenge: http://www.rocketcontest.org/ )

If they are interested in rocketry, I could put them in contact with my boy. He is into it ( it was his rocket in the video with the video camera and flight computer that crashed back to earth without a parachute. I am surprised we still got the video after seeing it crash like that!). Right now he is attending CWI so he is sort of close by. Let me know and I will put you in touch with him!

Make sure you watch the Tripoli of Idaho site for the next launch. I think the next time the have a launch day, he will fire off his rocket so he can get licensed for the next level (Bigger engines!).

Thanks man. I'll talk to my oldest and see if he's interested. He's a freshmen at Kuna High and busting his butt to maintain his GPA, and is just wore out come the weekend. I think once he gets into the swing of things he'll be fine, its just the new environment, new school, new expectations, etc..

Kris