Guest Mopar1973Man

Military MultiFuel

Guest Mopar1973Man

Do anyone have a resource for getting parts for these old diesels? I got one in the fire house that needs some valve cover gaskets. Where could I look for them at? :confused:

Go to NAPA and get a gasket maker called " The Right Stuff", it is in a black canister. This is the same stuff gm uses for valve cover and oil pan gaskets on 6.2l and 6.5l. This is not just silicone, it is rubberized type of stuff. I have used it alot and it is a long term fix.

Guest Mopar1973Man
Like a Deuce and a Half?

DSCF2095.jpg

This is the best pic I got right now...:roll: The first truck on the left...

Looks like an old Deuce or a 5 ton. Made by Kaiser? What year? That could be an old Continental Diesel.

I think Dave (Username Dave) has an old 5 ton with a multifuel with his well drilling company. Touch base with him.

Guest Mopar1973Man

The best I can tell you is all of our military trucks are in the 60's. I pretty sure there are Kaiser....

Looks like an M35 to me.

Find out what year, motor, etc and that will help you out. I would not be surprised if Napa or Carquest carried parts for them.

If that doesn't help you out, I can probably find out from our motor pool. We have a couple of the M35s still I believe. They are fun to drive... no muffler on them :D

you can get parts at Idaho motor pool in fruitland if he doesnt have them in stock he can get them for you his number is 452-5335 underneath the exhaust manifold there should be a plate with what engine it is and what horse power a lot of them were hercules engines

Guest Mopar1973Man
you can get parts at Idaho motor pool in fruitland if he doesnt have them in stock he can get them for you his number is 452-5335 underneath the exhaust manifold there should be a plate with what engine it is and what horse power a lot of them were hercules engines

I found out from my buddy that this guy is high as hell for parts! He was charging us at the Fire Dept roughly $4,100.00 for a alternator. We found one in Texas for about $1,300.00 much cheaper!

Any other local sources???

Guest Mopar1973Man
Have you tried the local Army surplus stores?

I really never seen a Army Surplus store sell military parts before... When are you looking at??? :confused:

for alternators theres a place in nyssa that can fix some of them I think its called lees alternator but not sure alternators are extremely hard to find. I just charge my batterys every few months. for most parts he has been more than reasonable some parts are just hard to find. I got a complete head gasket set and one head with injectors for 500.00 through him when i cracked a valve.