mechelement

State Police Charger

That is one FAST vehicle. I think it's gotta be the 6.1L.

A guy in front of me in the left lane was going 70mph+ in a 55mph construction zone. I was going ~60mph. I saw the police officer flip on his lights (not the blues) and he must've floored it and veered right at me. To avoid him, I had to swerve halfway into the right lane and the guy in the right lane swerved towards Jersey barriers. The police officer didn't even look where he was going. This took place in a matter of a second or two.

That Charger was one screaming mofo as it flew by. I'm pretty sure he was at 70+ mph in 4 seconds or less. He was roasting the rear tires every shift. That particular Charger setup is quite awesome.

Roastin em with every shift. Somethin funcky there cause cops always use automatics so that their hands are free unless this is some local Barney Fife that talked the town council into buyin him a new toy.

He was probably talking about each shift the automatic made it was squeeling the tires. I dont think they make the charger with a manual transmission.

That would be completely impressive. I'm sure they are all equipped with the police interceptor motors that don't even come near being fuel efficient enough to be allowed to be sold to the public as a production car.

lol what a job. If I was him I'd always be sitting on the side of the freeway waitin to pull on and haul ass. Not surprised he didn't look though. Some cops are pretty cool and some are just above the law assholes like that.

My boss got pulled over one day on Airbase Road doing 68mph by the Elmore Sheriff :wall:

Do you know how fast you were going?

Yeah, around 65.

Nope.... SIXTY EIGHT... SIXTY EIGHT MILES PER HOUR SIR!

Well considering what some of the dumbass airman do on that road that surprises me. He should have had no problem finding someone doing 75+.

One of my ariman got busted a couple months back doing 102 on airbase road. She lost her license for 30 days.

Everyone I have seen atleast in Elmore are 5.7's.

Same out there in twin... They are the same 5.7 the public gets, but with trac off they can churn some rubber!!

If it's the 5.7L Hemi, Mopar must've drastically improved it within the past few years. My friend bought a truck with a 5.7L Hemi in it and it was an absolute turd.

The Ram 1500's with the hemi & 3.55 gears are really not impressive, but with 3.92 gears they are a bit more lively. The Ram 2500's with the hemi are flat out turds. About mid 17s in the quarter from what i've seen @ firebird. I once test drove a Charger R/T all wheel drive before & was a bit disappointed compared to what I was expected, but then again it did all right in the upper RPM's.

My cousin has an 03 or 04 1500 w/ 5.7hemi with a superchips cortex, intake, throttle body spacer and dual exhaust and it's a pig. He has 3.73's I think.

My friend has an 08 2500 with the Hemi and it goes no where in a hurry that's for sure. Stock gears and 37s don't help at all either.

He pulls a 24ft car trailer with it, I have NO idea how.

I drove it once from his house to mine (~50 miles) and any little incline it would come out of overdrive. The 12mpg was really great too.

Well the ones in the cars are 368/395 vs 345/375 and the cars are a TON lighter.

Saying a 92 chev pickup is slow doesn't make the 92 corvette slow just because they are both 5.7's.

But yes hemi's are turds in trucks...

I drove some and I thought they were heavy, un-responsive tubs. Maybe I got a lemon, I don't know; but I wasn't impressed.

I was talking to a st boy and he said they are great! Have more than a buck and a half in them and still handle great. I told him not to drive it above 70! In all fairness I didn't look at the tires on the ones I drove. But that wouldn't have helped the engines any.....

I don't know, if you get ahold of a good one; give a yell so I can ride or drive. I want to experience it!

(It's like the other day when I drove my first Dakota with a V-8..... Boy was I disappointed!! Why would such a small truck be so underpowered with any V-8? You can not touch the pedal at all above 60 without dropping out of overdrive. It will even do that because of a slight hill..... YUCK!!!)

I had the 03 1/2 ton truck with a Hemi and it was like drivin one of our trucks with a huge turbo. Just took forever to get it wound up but once it got there it took off like a rocket. 0-50 mph response sucked ass but 55-127 mph which is as high as I went with it was incredible. We made what was normally a 6 hour road trip in under 4 hours and got the same fuel mileage. Much of this trip was at over 100 mph. But ya, absolutely no low end at all only good for cruisin at high speeds.

(It's like the other day when I drove my first Dakota with a V-8..... Boy was I disappointed!! Why would such a small truck be so underpowered with any V-8? You can not touch the pedal at all above 60 without dropping out of overdrive. It will even do that because of a slight hill..... YUCK!!!)

Tell me about it! Im very disapointed! Although I hear doing the hemi swap in a dakota is not that hard since the 4.7 & 5.7 will work on the same trans. Just have to custom fab an oil pan & mounts. Also heard that the hemi dakotas/ durangos are getting 23-25 mpg.

On a 2nd note I noticed my earlier post (#17) I meant to say 3.55 gears not 3.73s as 3.73 is standard on the 2500's, not the 1500. I tried to edit it, but for some reason am unable to do so??