AH64ID

Gauge wiring

So I am in the process of re-wiring my gauges and need to know where I can find keyed power that doesn't turn off during the start sequence.

Any ideas?

This comes from Diesel Manor, hope it helps!

Because the gauges need to get powered when the ignition key is on, you should use a switched ignition (keyed hot) source. A common location it to tap into the fuse box with a special fuse tap. Here we simply are using the Pink wire with Yellow trace in the “100†pin wiring harness connector. If this wire is used you should install the in-line fuse assembly that comes with your gauge kit. Here we have 2 red wires for 2 gauges that need to get powered up (a pyrometer and electric fuel pressure). These 2 red wires are terminated to a blue male spade terminal. That male spade terminal has been connected to a blue female spade terminal. A small length of red 18 gauge (AWG) wire connects that to a fuel blue fuse connector that has a 5 Amp fuse installed. The fuse connector is then connected to another blue male spade terminal with a small piece of red 18 gauge wire. That terminal is then plugged into a yellow female wire tap connector on the pink/yellow ignition wire.

Dodge67-ign1-lg.jpg

Thanks guys... Thats the wire I am currently using, but it shuts off during start.

I would like to have the gauges operate while cranking so I can see what fuel pressure and oil pressure do. Not a must have, but would be nice if I am ever having issues.

I can't remember what year you have.... Do you have a FSM? I would think a guy could dig deep enough in there to figure out what wire to use...... (If you don't have one, let me know!)