Dr. Evil

HP for first gens

Alright guys what kind of HP can these things lay down with the VE pump?

And what mods are necessary to do it?

Im asking cause I dont know anything about first gens.

Thanks.

400 with the stock 12mm pump and 600+ with a custom 14mm pump. the pumps have fuel screw at the back of the pump that will give about 30 hp starwheel and afc pin mods 3200 gov spring will make a big difference, but the ve is pretty limited with the stock 12 mm head and rotor, if a guy went with a 14mm head and rotor big injectors, big fuel supply and twins he could put down some pretty respectable #s maybe 650 hp if its set up just right, but thats pushing the pump beyond its capabilities in my opinion.

the 14mm head and rotors have to be custom made there is no manufacturer, a guy by the name of KTA had a dozen made and was selling them for 400.00, plus a person would need to have the pump set up dont know the cost.

swank has one of KTA 14mm in his pump. but dont think he broke 500 hp yet with twins but i think he has something up his sleeve with top and bottom variable geometry turbos.

just about anybody that pulls in compitition runs a p-pump in there 1st gen. dont know of anybody locally that runs one yet ;-)

ya, 443 is tops for me so far. still got about 3/8" or so left on the fuel screw though. i'd like the pump to last though, so until i build a high flow supply system, that's as far as i'm gonna go. that seems to be problem with the longevity issue. keeping the pump from starving for fuel. when that happens, it actually runs dry and locks up or something worse.

well guys i just but a first gen truck its a 12 valves and has a ve pump i would like to know how to get more power and more boost with out hurting the truck

:thumbup:

hey dire i think the next step for that truck is injectors and maybe a compressor upgrade, start saving your money.$$$ i think that its already had all the free stuff done to it, except for the the timing advance. i can help you with that at the next get together.:smokin

this particular pump can benefit from turning the fuel screw and smoke screw a bit more. secret fuel screw mod too.

is mild now at 178/427 up from 140 somethin/360somethin

has the hx35/12

hey there i been going up down steep hills and i really need a jake so does any body know where i can get one or does anybody have one that i can buy or get a good price on it well if anyone know of one let me know ok