Tinman875

Scorpion

Ok i know someone has heard of this. no more powerstroke for 2011. Bombardier is making the "scorpion" for ford.

The latest power targets are said to be more than 390 horsepower and 720 pounds-feet of torque. Today's Power Stroke diesel is rated at 350 hp and 650 pounds-feet.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2009/03/spied-new-ford-scorpion-diesel-underhood-photos.html

The interesting thing.... Caterpillar cant produce a clean highway engine so they dropped it all together, but they are going to sell thier blocks to International to use to put on the highway. Ford is dropping international for a overseas engine. Crazy triangle...

Bombardier??? From what i've heard it is an in house, Ford built 6.7L. It will be interesting with the reverse flow heads. I hope they respond at least as good as the 6.4 does to tunes & be able to bypass the urea injection crap.

the service dept at Wiebold told me Bombadier....

Remember that Dan Wiebold has been sponsoring alot of of the freebies for us Ford guy's at ITD events. Tell them you are an ITD member and get 10-15 % off of your parts!! We have a club account down at Dan Wiebold!! Ask for Brian in parts.

Here is a pic of the new 6.7. From a article I was reading.

post-227-145494297465_thumb.jpg

Instead of using two separate sequential turbochargers like the current 6.4-liter PSD, the new Single Sequential Turbocharger places two compressors back-to-back (right side of picture in blue, representing cool intake fed air) to create a twin turbo setup in a single package. The VGT turbo still uses a variable vane setup around the turbine (left side of picture in red, representing hot exhaust) that continually change the velocity of the exhaust gas and wheel speed.

post-227-145494297473_thumb.jpg

neat idea on thier part with the charging. also placing it in the front of the engine... wonder if it will have factory 4in downpipe? Just thinking of the amount of room with the new location. I am however mostly impressed with the projected HP and torque output :cheer::rockin:

400 HP 725 tourqe, not bad from a stock rig! Here is the article.....

Posted by Mike Levine | September 3, 2009

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a545d1e5970b-800wi

Edmunds is reporting that their sources say that Ford's all-new 6.7-liter Power Stroke V-8 turbocharged diesel will crank out final power ratings of 400 horsepower and 725 pounds-feet of torque. That's up considerably from today's 6.4-liter PSD that's rated at 350 hp and 650 lbs.-ft. of torque.

We'd say that's amazingly close to the "more than 390 horsepower and 720 pounds-feet of torque" numbers that we told you about in July 2008, when Ford's in-house team was still tweaking with the Scorpion motor's final output figures.

And we'll add this little nugget of unofficial information from our sources: No production decision has been made but we're told that there are several Ford F-150 engineering mules running with Scorpion Power Stroke motors under their hoods. It's possible that Ford's light-duty diesel program could wake from hibernation as a way to help recoup the massive investment made in the program.

Hey IDPISAN, Great find on that article:ok: I think that cartoon pic would make a great tattoo...

I read it and cant believe how much quieter it will be and 160lbs lighter than the 6.4! also, the car like starting with what was it.."quick glow plugs" at cold temps. off on a tangent for a moment.. When i did the transplant of the 03 cummins in my 01 truck, i found out that the intake heater does not come on until its like 60 degrees or less, but the computer still makes the wait to start light come on for no reason. In semis ( petes. kenworths..ect) there is no waiting to start at any temp.

then this:

A 250,000 mile durability test looks for structural fatigue points. It simulates the driving habits of 95th percentile Super Duty customers who pull the heaviest loads. The engines are placed in a dyno cell where they spend nearly 6 hours running continuously at peak torque and then 3.5 hours at peak grade power to prove out connecting rod and rotating mass strength. The cycle repeats for 1,200 hours, or 50 days of running.

Now thats a test! they have kept this a real good secret. Now I am anxious...

I bet there would be one heavy price tag on that engine. Have to wait & see what you'll be able to pick up a wrecked one for. I heard people were picking up wrecked 6.4s @ a reasonanble price.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found