Sycostang67

Turned up my IP!

I finally got the balls to turn up my IP. I just wish I had known how much fuel was gonna spill out when I popped the cover. Needless to say, 2 shop towels was terribly inadequate. Anywho, I cranked it up 2 flats. I can finally make a little smoke. I didn't want it to smoke too much, too many idiots around here already giving diesel a bad name by blacking out the road under moderate acceleration. The truck has a bit more kick and EGT's weren't affected much. :yes: Now I'm gonna have to figure out how to adjust the wastegate and get a few more psi out of the turbo.:train:

Awesome!

Now just go easy so you don't tear it up. . . . :popcorn:

(We ground a fuel plate for a 12v two weeks ago. He tows often so he was instructed to take it easy on that auto. He said he wanted it to last the rest of the year or more so he could afford to upgrade it. It didn't make it a week. . . . . . Was feeling the power on a hill when it let go!)

Now just go easy so you don't tear it up. . . .

Listen to Dan Dan. You will tear up your clutch. Ask me how I know. :wall:$$$

EDIT: Dan if you wanna mess with the wastegate let me know and I'll come your way one night and we can play with it. I even have a modified 9/16 wrench to help bump up the timing a bit if you want too! :twisted:

That would be great, I'm only looking to get 10 psi out of the sucker. I drive pretty easy, kind of like an old man most of the time.

That must be a Dan thing.... Mr. Dan aka Millco is the same way. j/k :cheer:

If you only knew! . . . . LOL

You guys must be wearing off on me! I've been blowing some soot and making some noise here and there.

I had the truck on a 'Smarter' level the other day and my kids couldn't wait to tell me that their mother had smoked off some of the Michelins in town. I just laughed. She had already told me all about it! She was just trying to get out into traffic in a construction mess. She made the guys in the construction company turn around to see what was hurting tires!

When we were up in Boise two weekends ago, I decided that maybe my truck is loud enough. I got on it under a covered area in between two parking garages downtown. I didn't know it was that loud! Course, I had rolled down the windows before going in there. The nice people getting into their Prius' and other ricers didn't look too happy.......

Most of the time I do try and get what mileage out of it that I can. I'm up to or above 16 most of the time now. . . . . :popcorn: