fyrcaptain33

Fule Pressure Probs

Well Guys, after the EDGE got hooked up, I found out that I only have 8 psi at idle and 0 WOT. The pump is brand new in sept, but it is an in the tank one. The shop said they will fix it for free, but wondering if I should go with new kit.

OK, now the question is, 3/8" line good enough with the kit, or do I kit the 1/2" line instead?

Definetaly go with an aftermarket pump and the larger lines. Right now Walbro is the route to go. WikkedDiesel has a new pump out now that they have designed just for these trucks, this is the only aftermarket pump like this. This is a brand new on the market pump though, so no track record yet. The Wlbro has been tried and tested for a few million miles now. There have been some install problems, but once it is up and running there have been 0 reported faults with it so far. If you replace it with another stock pump you will be right back here again shortly and your VP44 will be at risk because they just don't move enough fuel to keep it cool.

Well Boys,

I am going to get the vulcan kit. I am also thinking if I should go with 1/2 line insead of 3/8.

My pump now is in the tank, so I have to drop that and add a draw straw.

Also, can a novice like me put it in, and how long would it take?

Guest Mopar1973Man
Well Boys,

I am going to get the vulcan kit. I am also thinking if I should go with 1/2 line insead of 3/8.

My pump now is in the tank, so I have to drop that and add a draw straw.

Also, can a novice like me put it in, and how long would it take?

I would say it can be done by a novice.

You'll need a full day to do things right. Also pick up a half rack of beer make the day go faster... Also you might get a few people to help you with beer around! :lol:

actually we did this on a buddies truck in 4 hours... its not to bad.. the hardest part is droping the dang tank. of course he had 30 gallons in the sob. but still plan a full day for complications.

Guest Mopar1973Man
actually we did this on a buddies truck in 4 hours... its not to bad.. the hardest part is droping the dang tank. of course he had 30 gallons in the sob. but still plan a full day for complications.

I lifted the bed but I highly suggest you get 2 guys to help with balancing the bed while your under it. I'm not to fond of getting my head crushed. :shock: But lifting the bed not to bad it can be done with a 2x4 and a floor jack the block up the bed and you golden. The bed got to be lifted quite a bit...:roll:

I know after fightin with all my fuel problems for a while I can siphon a full tank and drop it in less than an hour and put it back up in about 30 minutes. Really not a whole lot to it and you can do it by yourself.

you always gotta worry bout that.. thats why you gotta bleed it a bit. but thats easy.. just crack a line. and bump th starter a few times.

Get the 1/2" line. I have the OEM lift pump relocated to the back with the Vulcan Relocation Kit. I never drop below 12 unless it is 20 below out.

Well. Had a hell of a Friday the 13th. I was T-Boned in my car on my way to Boise for a softball Tourney. I am pretty sure the car is totaled.

So, got that taken care of, went to pick up my truck after new fuel system installed. When I dropped it off, I had less than a 1/4 tank of fuel, to make it easier on the mechanics. Well, I picked it up and it had 13-14 psi at idle. Drove off to get the gas station, now that I have to drive it more. I ran out of diesel. DAMN MY DAY SUCKS. So, towed it to the gas station, filled her up and no luck. Will not start. So, she is back at the mechanics and I hope to get it back on monday.

I NEED SOME SERIOUS BEER INTAKE!!!!!!!!!!:-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x

Sounds like nobody was hurt, so all turned out great. On the truck, it probably just hadn't worked all the air bubles out of the line yet and when ii ran dry filled the lines up with air. When your startin from scratch with nothing but air in the lines it can be a bear sometimes to get it all worked through. They will just bleed em on fitting at a time and I bet it takes right off. It's gonna get better thouugh, I betcha it will.

I doubt if you were even out of fuel. At 1/4 tank you should still have over ten gallons in there. Probably just still a big air pocket in the line that they didn't get worked out.

Guest 9812VCTD

Sorry to hear about your Fri 13th. Glad no one was hurt! It will be nice when you get your truck back!:thumbup:

Justin

Guest Mopar1973Man

Got to admit that suxs the big one...

To lose a nice car and to have problems with your Dodge too... That like not good. Yeah... Go sit down and soak up a few beer and try again tommorow... Glad to her no one was hurt in the accident...