YMMOT

What are you towing???

I used to think Wd hitches were for pussies until i pulled a 32' terry camper with a superslide. I pukled it out to the shop to fix a few things then i pulled it home 4 miles just on the hitch. It was a tank without the wd bars (1000#) and squatted the mega pretty good! Ive always pulled fifth wheels and smaller bumper pulls till now and i will never go without wd bars again.

Ok, I'm a newbie here on adding pictures. I want to post one but my pictures are all on my computer not on the internet with a http:\\. Anyone know how I can do this??? Hugs, Di

This is what we have been pulling around this great big beautiful country of ours for 15 years of fulltiming. We did a "redo" on our 1996 38' Carriage 5th wheel. Our 1996 3500 has 306,500 miles on her and still running great.

Thanks Teach!!!!:urock: Hugs, Di

post-5431-145494319913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dutch & Di
added a sentence

Yes that is a monster; but, how beautiful! That would definitely be the way to go if you were 'full timing' it!

I'm jealous!! I hope to someday be right out there with you guys . . .

Thank you for your kind words. We looked at new and just liked our 1996 Carriage better so we decided to spend a bit of money making her look new again and good for another 15 years.

For fulltime use, it is really perfect. Easy to take care of, we have everything we could possibly want in it and we love the layout. Look forward to seeing you all hopefully next summer!!!

That's what I keep reminding Dutch about. We love our truck so why buy new????? If we all keep saying that, maybe he'll come to believe it? Hugs & Happy New Year, Di

Thank you for your kind words. We looked at new and just liked our 1996 Carriage better so we decided to spend a bit of money making her look new again and good for another 15 years.

For fulltime use, it is really perfect. Easy to take care of, we have everything we could possibly want in it and we love the layout. Look forward to seeing you all hopefully next summer!!!

That's what I keep reminding Dutch about. We love our truck so why buy new????? If we all keep saying that, maybe he'll come to believe it? Hugs & Happy New Year, Di

That gives me hope of keeping my Jayco Eagle longer after seeing what you create with your 96 Carriage... All I can say is it Awesome! :ok:

I guess we all need to listen to Dave Ramsey more often too.... He will sure hit people hard about buying new!! Most of us don't want to hear it but usually there really is no reason for buying new! (Well, except for food . . . . :popcorn: LOL )

Dutch and Di, you two hang in there. With such beautiful equipment in that truck and trailer that you have there really is no reason to want or need new. Heck, if nothing else just think of all the lower quality that a lot of new stuff has in it now days. My bro works in the auto body industry and he was just telling me that he can't believe how piss poor the newest rigs are! He said they all three have invented new ways of making pure crap and expecting consumers to swallow it. He said that they all are doing it in the new cars to a level that he has never seen.

The way he described it made me think of the little 'crate' box cars we used to push around as kids. You remember the wooden boxes we used to tie roller skates under so we could push each other around. . . . . I don't think I want to pay that much for something like that to drive around . . . .

(There: Does that help!!)

Ok, nothing current but a couple of our last rigs. The 06 Mega cab with WW toy hauler, same trailer with Top Kick, and my last set up. No pics of current set up yet.

post-5462-145494321122_thumb.jpg

post-5462-14549432113_thumb.jpg

post-5462-145494321136_thumb.jpg

Ok, nothing current but a couple of our last rigs. The 06 Mega cab with WW toy hauler, same trailer with Top Kick, and my last set up. No pics of current set up yet.

your 'last' setup is a cool lookin phil. :ok::cummins:

Well, long story short. We bought the Mega cab after the 97 12v, HUGE MISTAKE.:wall: So we figured just go bigger, Duramax and Alison Top Kick we can't go wrong. WRONG!:wall: Although the Top Kick was very stable, great braking and overall very safe. It was a joke compaired to the 97 12v. The mega cab got about 7mpg, the top kick got about 7-8mpg and would fall on it's face at any hill, I mean any change in the road. Both the mega cab and top kick were a huge disapointment. They all towed the same toy hauler loaded the same. The 97 12v had way better pulling ability/power and got 14+mpg towing the WW. If I could do it over I would keep the 97 12v, put huge brakes on it, when the gear vender blew (which it did) put a chromo shaft in it. And when the shaft went in the ATS tranny change it with chromo as well. Neather unit can hold up to the torque of the Cummins and heavy towing.

Now I'm driving a Fo FF For Ford, there I said it, Go figure:lmao:

glad u got to expierience the best at least twice in your life w the 1 gen and the 97 :lmao::cummins:

sucks on the mega and topkck exp. that report on the topkck sadly surprises as one wld thnk it tow bttr than that

glad the 4 lttr f word seems to be working

This all sounds like my Mega! Was yours all stock at 7 MPG towing that beast? Mine got 5.5 MPG from Boise to Twin with my toy hauler (empty to boot!). At least after a bunch of money, I can get 9-10 with the toy hauler (and a little stuff in the toy hauler!). Stock my Mega felt pretty weak. Now that I have 'turned' it up it pulls really well. I almost hate to take the '92 if I pull a load because it is still stock and feels real weak! At least that will be easy to remedy!!

Mine had AFE stage 2 and exhaust. It is such a joke a guy has to put a ton of $ in these trucks after dropping 40k to buy it.:td: My 97 had very basic mods and blew the Mega away in every aspect. Put a intake and exhaust, turn up the pump andget a 3200 spring for the 92. All easy and cost affective, and will make a huge differance. But, I'm sure you know that.

This is the pick up and trailer when we headed out of Western Oregon. That trailer was way over weight. So much so that the tires were squated. Towed nice through the gourge though.

post-5446-145494321964_thumb.jpg

post-5446-145494321999_thumb.jpg

post-5446-145494322008_thumb.jpg