Shaner

Water pump install w/pics

Well my water pump took a chit so Jack ordered me a new one with a lifetime warranty that the dealer sum how wanted $300 for plus a grand to install the sob... We got the same one for $119 plus 50 in coolant and 12 hours of our time and we got er done. I also swapped out my stock lb7 cp3 and put in a brand new 07 lbz cp3..

Twas a busy weekend as we had Sam's truck in the shop too and Jack was helping him install ball joints (see post in 2nd gen sec)

Picture559.jpg

Picture557.jpg

Picture558.jpg

Picture566.jpg

Picture567.jpg

Picture571.jpg

Picture569.jpg

Picture570.jpg

Picture568.jpg

Picture575.jpg

Picture572.jpg

Picture573.jpg

cp3 removal

Picture576.jpg

Picture577.jpg

Picture578.jpg

Picture579.jpg

The plug for the fca had to be modified just a hair to make room for the fitting and the fuel line that ran acrost the top of the fca.. Here is what we had to trim

Picture580.jpg

yeah it's pretty time consuming... Alot of shit has to come off to get to the water pump... Even the harmonic balancer.. It was pretty crazy...

Wow looks like you boys had some fun with that one.

yeah it was crazy... I now see why the dealer charges a grand to do those... There is no way around it you have to pull the whole front of the motor off to take the harmonic balancer because there is a damn bolt that holds the water pump on behind it...

WHO the hell thinks of that crap...

Also I need to thank Jack for all his help, and SMART ass remarks.. LOL.. along with Sam and a big thanks to Pat at Big Twin... I had a question on removing the cp3 and he took my phone call and helped me out...:runner::rockin:

Hell Yeah, I would have helped out if i or you lived a little closer. LOL

Hellz yeah.. Thanks brotha...

Im not too familiar with the LBZ vs LB7 cp3. So, does the LBZ just flow a lot more or did you just want a newer pump?

Yes the lbz flows alot more.. It adds up to 6k in rail pressure..:rockin:

I couldn't believe how complicated a water pump was on that truck...hell I only got to take a few bolts off and BAM pump is off :dodge ...I still want on though lol:gmc ...you get the lbz fuel tables tune thingy mobob in/on your EFI live yet Shane? Haha...I'll worry about understanding dmax tuning when I get one lol...I will get a headache thinkin bout stuff like that lol :think:

Dam Shane, No matter what truck you got yur still wrenchin. Thats cool you got Jack around. It handy as hell to have a mechanic layin around. He has helped me 3 thousand miles away:ok: . I've still been doin my fair share of wrenchin myself. At this point I want just a turn key special. But, I hate payin someone else to work on my stuff. so I'll be turnin wrtenches for a long time I'm sure

Dam Shane, No matter what truck you got yur still wrenchin. Thats cool you got Jack around. It handy as hell to have a mechanic layin around. He has helped me 3 thousand miles away:ok: . I've still been doin my fair share of wrenchin myself. At this point I want just a turn key special. But, I hate payin someone else to work on my stuff. so I'll be turnin wrtenches for a long time I'm sure

yep I kinda like turnin wrenches... lots of thanks goes out to Jack though... :buds: