Guest Mopar1973Man

Sorry for the huge mess!

Guest Mopar1973Man

Well gang it was a huge undertaking and was difficult at best to move the database across...

There is a few bugs and setting problems I'm currently trying to hammer out. But I'll get it cleaned up quickly.

As for people being banned. I'm truely sorry about that. The import software created new profiles for everyone using the old definitions of the old site. The new software disregarded this and banned everyone. So it took me a bit to redefine the new profile. But That will be corrected soon too...

As for threads. I though that some of the threads where lost in the move. Not true. There is a time filter on the display of threads. It is selectable at the bottom of the page. I will also correct this problem.

If you membership of profile is not correct please notify me I will correct it as soon as possible!

Once again I'm truely sorry about the mess and the few people that were upset about being banned. Please forgive me...

Guest Mopar1973Man

Well I got to admit I got a lot done with very little time.

I managed to...

• Install VB and get it running.
  • Backup the old site database.
  • Import all the data. (forums, threads, posts, user accounts, etc).
  • Reset access for all 108 users (Ban problem).
  • Correct forum listing order (Sorting issues).
  • Import all user accounts from Import group to Registered user (Ban Problem).
  • Create the theme by hand from the data on the old site.
  • Configure security settings for the forums.
  • Import smiley database (needs fixing yet)

I done most of this in about 24 hours...:o

Still there is a few bug floating out there. I know there is...

All you guys/gals could help me by playing with everything. If you find a problem or something isn't right let the staff know of the problem. We'll get crackin' on it quickly.

As for the adventure...

I was confronted with a unreal limtation on the server. I went to back up the database with all the information and the file was 11 MB worth of data. Not bad but... The server would only take 2 MB chunks MAX. on a upload (sending back to the other server!) So I spent the most of my time breaking down the backups to small chunks so I could import it to the backup server...

But as you can see I got it moved...:thumbup:

So... Lets enjoy the fruits of the labor!

Guest MoparsMaiden

My goodness you have been a busy guy today!!! The site looks GREAT .. I don't know what we would do without you!! :)

Sounds like you are ready for a shot of whiskey and a nice long massage...... (devilish grin)

My goodness you have been a busy guy today!!! The site looks GREAT .. I don't know what we would do without you!! :)

Sounds like you are ready for a shot of whiskey and a nice long massage...... (devilish grin)

HEY HEY, we will have none of that. My wife's half way across the country from me and if I aint gettin any, then nobodies gettin any!!!!!!!

Young lady this is a family site. :razz:

Guest MoparsMaiden

Hey now...... atleast I am keeping it clean...

Unlike the male bonding weekend that included black thongs and lotion....... lmao

Guest Mopar1973Man

Why thank you! 8-)

I'll take both of the above item mentioned...

HEY HEY, we will have none of that. My wife's half way across the country from me and if I aint gettin any, then nobodies gettin any!!!!!!!

Try me...:P

Young lady this is a family site. :razz:

Yeah you right this is a family site... I brought my GF here... LOL

I'll still take both!

GREAT JOB thanks for your hard work and everybody that helped

Mike, did you have a mouse in your pocket? Last I checked I wasn't much help. Site looks good now man.