AH64ID

Need to build an adjustable boost elbow... questions..

In order to keep my drive pressure in check I want my WG back in the picture. I am going to run a line from the intake to the OE WG, and set it at about 35psi..

In order to make the install look clean I would like to use an adjustable boost elbow with 1/8" NPT on both side, vs the usual 1/8/ NPT x hose barb... I have been unable to find one for purchase so I plan to make one..

While the concept seems straight foreword I haven't ever looked at one up close. So some questions.

The adjutability just comes from not allowing full air to flow, thus reducing the pressure??

The adj elbows are just off the shelf 90*'s that have been drilled and tapped for a plug?

How tall is the plug, and how much of the fitting gets tapped (i.e. from the mount to the bend? just the bend?)

Thanks for all the help.

There is actually a way you can mod the electronic actuator to just be straight trough without the need for boost elbow. Then you can just set the wastegate at whatever PSI you want by either screwing the rod end up or down. I will try and find photo or directions on how to do this if interested.

Hey john sorry its taken so long but go some more info on it, turns out you dont even have to mod the actuator, you can just take it off and plug the hole in the compressor housing and then adjust the wastegate like you would on anything, you can get the plugs at fluid connector in meridian, and if i remember right the thread is metric 22X1.25. then the only other thing you will need is the electroninc resistor to plug in where the actuator did so it wont throw code. but that way if you ever have to put it back to stock you just take the plug out and put the electronic unit back.

Hey john sorry its taken so long but go some more info on it, turns out you dont even have to mod the actuator, you can just take it off and plug the hole in the compressor housing and then adjust the wastegate like you would on anything, you can get the plugs at fluid connector in meridian, and if i remember right the thread is metric 22X1.25. then the only other thing you will need is the electroninc resistor to plug in where the actuator did so it wont throw code. but that way if you ever have to put it back to stock you just take the plug out and put the electronic unit back.

Sweet... I have been meaning to pull it off to see if what thread it was...

Thanks.. I have an elbow sitting on the fridge so a plug and some drilling and I could be in business..

I think MPI has the resistors as well...

You will not even have to tap the plug just pull the actuator and plug the hole, the boost line to the waste gate comes off the compressor housing right underneath where you put the plug then you can just adjust the waste gate to what PSI you want

This is great! I might have to do this to mine when I get under there for the exhaust pretty soon. This turbo has made it past 10,k miles so maybe it is a keeper (At least for a stock one....LOL). The way I've been spending, I won't have any 'turbo' money for a while......

You will not even have to tap the plug just pull the actuator and plug the hole, the boost line to the waste gate comes off the compressor housing right underneath where you put the plug then you can just adjust the waste gate to what PSI you want

SWEET!!! Thanks again Justin...

This is great! I might have to do this to mine when I get under there for the exhaust pretty soon. This turbo has made it past 10,k miles so maybe it is a keeper (At least for a stock one....LOL). The way I've been spending, I won't have any 'turbo' money for a while......

Marco told me he was going to be working on selectable wastegate settings for the Sr and Jr... hopefully that will happen... but I am going to carry on this way for now.